Testing News service

Old June 28th 04, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

Default Testing News service

In common with others I have been having problems with PlusNet's
problems with their news servers so as I had registered in the past with
the German news service now known as individual.news.net I have
re-configured my news collection to use them. Unfortunately I don't
think they collect from PlusNet's customer feedback news group so how do
I check which of my subscribed newsgroups are working with it. Obviously
if this question is posted it already answers my question regarding this
newsgroup, however I don't want to be posting tests to the others I
subscribe to so how do I check.
--
Derrick Fawsitt
Old June 28th 04, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"Derrick Fawsitt" wrote in message
In common with others I have been having problems with PlusNet's
problems with their news servers so as I had registered in the past with
the German news service now known as individual.news.net I have
re-configured my news collection to use them. Unfortunately I don't
think they collect from PlusNet's customer feedback news group so how do
I check which of my subscribed newsgroups are working with it. Obviously
if this question is posted it already answers my question regarding this
newsgroup, however I don't want to be posting tests to the others I
subscribe to so how do I check.

Hi Derrick, long time no hear. Did you get my referral discount ok? I sent
you a couple of emails without reply.

News.individual.net don't host Plusnets groups for obvious reasons.
As for your other groups, I don't know what reader you are using but in OE
all you would do is click on News.Individual.Net then Newsgroups and just
search for the newsgroups you used to subscribe to via PlusNet.

I use news.individual.net just now and haven't found any groups so far apart
from the Plusnet ones that the news.individual.net don't host.

For the last few weeks I have been running the 2 side by side to check that
all posts are coming through and how quick they are compared to each other.
Plusnet was at one point about 12 hours behind News.individual but it seems
to have caught back up now via usenet.plus.net

Steven.

Old June 28th 04, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derrick Fawsitt

In message , Steven Campbell
writes
Hi Derrick, long time no hear. Did you get my referral discount ok? I sent
you a couple of emails without reply.

News.individual.net don't host Plusnets groups for obvious reasons.
As for your other groups, I don't know what reader you are using but in OE
all you would do is click on News.Individual.Net then Newsgroups and just
search for the newsgroups you used to subscribe to via PlusNet.

I use news.individual.net just now and haven't found any groups so far apart
from the Plusnet ones that the news.individual.net don't host.

For the last few weeks I have been running the 2 side by side to check that
all posts are coming through and how quick they are compared to each other.
Plusnet was at one point about 12 hours behind News.individual but it seems
to have caught back up now via usenet.plus.net

Steven.

Hi Steven.

Great to see a familiar name, especially yours again considering your
nice gesture and kind help.
Yes, I guessed I would not get PN's groups but everything else is so
fast compared to PN that I intend to leave it with the Germans, at least
for now. Bye the way, I use Turnpike as my email client, a legacy from
my "Demonic" days.
I was informed that I now had a referral, (thank you), but have yet to
see it in my own account details, never mind, all will come right in due
course.
I do hope your ADSL, (much faster than mine :-(( is going well for you.
I think I will be going away tomorrow for a few days so in case you are
kind enough to post a reply, I won't be able to acknowledge anyone until
I come back.
Regards,
--
Derrick