Views on Prodigynet anyone?

Old June 29th 04, 12:27 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Default Views on Prodigynet anyone?

On 28 Jun 2004, in alt.internet.providers.uk, Stormsinger wrote:

I've just got broadband and have signed up with Prodigynet. Seems good so far, but
I've be having some connectivity problems with my router. I suspect that it is the
Zoom X4 that is to blame, because if/when I get a connection to Prodigy it is fast
and stable. It is only if I turn off my computer that I get connection probs, which
strongly points to the router.

However I just wanted to rule Prodigynet out of the equation.

Any views appreciated. (Looking at ADSLguide Prodigy seem to come out very well.)

a) probably lots more who have similar router in uk.telecom.broadband

b) not sure I agree about the router being cause of problem... do you
know if the router is maintaining the connection (how about making
a connection on serial port - assuming it has one - so you can power
up your PC without the ethernet connection to the router being on, and
check if it is staying logged on or not... might be that when you put
the PC on, and make some internet request the router might only then
be trying to establish a PPP session with your ISP... perhaps there
is some authentication problem which isn't the router's fault :-)

Of course, not knowing more about the symptoms of your connection probs,
or that particular router, I'm just speculating :-)

Good luck! Peter M [cross-posted to u.t.b]