10KM testing at Milton Keynes

Old June 29th 04, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

Default 10KM testing at Milton Keynes

In article , Stephen Richards
] writes

I understand from reading in this ng and the BT engineer who tested my
ISDN line last week that there is currently a trial of 10KM BB in Milton
Keynes. My line is just outside the 6.5K range.

Does anyone have an idea of how the trail is going, or point me in the
right direction to find out?

Thanks,

www.samknows.com (archived news about 25 days ago)
follow the trail to the trial
--
robert w hall
Old June 29th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Richards

I understand from reading in this ng and the BT engineer who tested my
ISDN line last week that there is currently a trial of 10KM BB in Milton
Keynes. My line is just outside the 6.5K range.

Does anyone have an idea of how the trail is going, or point me in the
right direction to find out?

Thanks,

--
|-----------------------------\\-----------------------|
| Stephen Richards \\ SAR Computing Ltd |
Old June 29th 04, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JustForNNTP

"Stephen Richards" ] wrote in message

I understand from reading in this ng and the BT engineer who tested my
ISDN line last week that there is currently a trial of 10KM BB in Milton
Keynes. My line is just outside the 6.5K range.

Does anyone have an idea of how the trail is going, or point me in the
right direction to find out?

Thanks,

Running fine, am on it now!!!

Getting pretty much maximum up and down all the time. I can recommend NDO
they sorted it for me quickly.

Regards

Old June 29th 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

JustForNNTP wrote:

"Stephen Richards" ] wrote in message

I understand from reading in this ng and the BT engineer who tested my
ISDN line last week that there is currently a trial of 10KM BB in Milton
Keynes. My line is just outside the 6.5K range.

Does anyone have an idea of how the trail is going, or point me in the
right direction to find out?

Thanks,

Running fine, am on it now!!!

What's your attenuation?
Old June 30th 04, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JustForNNTP

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
JustForNNTP wrote:

"Stephen Richards" ] wrote in message

I understand from reading in this ng and the BT engineer who tested my
ISDN line last week that there is currently a trial of 10KM BB in

Milton
Keynes. My line is just outside the 6.5K range.

Does anyone have an idea of how the trail is going, or point me in the
right direction to find out?

Thanks,

Running fine, am on it now!!!

What's your attenuation?

No idea, whats that?

Will tell you what mine is if you tell me what it is!

Old June 30th 04, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

JustForNNTP wrote:

"Stephen Richards" ] wrote in message

I understand from reading in this ng and the BT engineer who tested my
ISDN line last week that there is currently a trial of 10KM BB in

Milton
Keynes. My line is just outside the 6.5K range.

Does anyone have an idea of how the trail is going, or point me in the
right direction to find out?

Thanks,

Running fine, am on it now!!!

What's your attenuation?

No idea, whats that?

Will tell you what mine is if you tell me what it is!

Ok, if you look at the "line information" setting of your router or
modem, you'll often find a few datapoints.
Such as attenuation (how much the line reduces the signals from and
to the exchange) SNR (signal-noise-ratio, how much the wanted signal
is above the unwanted noise) and other stuff.

The current limit for ADSL to be installed is 60db.
Old June 30th 04, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JustForNNTP

JustForNNTP wrote:

[...]

Can't see anything like that, I have a Binatone modem, looked through
settings and properties.

The last engineer that came out said I was 6.2km away and just kept on
shaking his head

Old July 1st 04, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

JustForNNTP wrote:

[...]

Oh well.
Some modems don't supply that info.

The last engineer that came out said I was 6.2km away and just kept on
shaking his head

IIRC, I'm some 6.5-7Km away (road distance).
Old July 2nd 04, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Richards

In message , robert w hall
writes
In article , Stephen Richards
] writes

I understand from reading in this ng and the BT engineer who tested my
ISDN line last week that there is currently a trial of 10KM BB in Milton
Keynes. My line is just outside the 6.5K range.

Does anyone have an idea of how the trail is going, or point me in the
right direction to find out?

Thanks,

www.samknows.com (archived news about 25 days ago)
follow the trail to the trial

Thanks for that. I shall keep my eye on the site.

--