Pipex 1MB Router and usage limits

Old June 29th 04, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Fox

Default Pipex 1MB Router and usage limits

Hi all,

I've read somewhere that the pipex 1MB service comes with a free router,
just wondering if it's true and, if so, which one?

I was also considering going to the capped service but don't want to get
caught out by underestimating my usage. Is there any utility I can use to
monitor the amount I'm using? Ideally, something that's free, loads in the
background and either stores it's output in a file or can be read quite
easily.

Thanks for any help

Jeff

Old June 29th 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Jeff Fox" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've read somewhere that the pipex 1MB service comes with a free router,
just wondering if it's true and, if so, which one?

I was also considering going to the capped service but don't want to get
caught out by underestimating my usage. Is there any utility I can use to
monitor the amount I'm using? Ideally, something that's free, loads in the
background and either stores it's output in a file or can be read quite
easily.

You tried looking on download.com? I'm sure I saw a free monitor there the
other day. I was thinking of downloading it, but decidied to choose Onetels
uncapped usage

Old June 29th 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
King Queen

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:05:45 +0100, "Jeff Fox"
wrote:

I've read somewhere that the pipex 1MB service comes with a free router,
just wondering if it's true and, if so, which one?

I didn't get one but then I started on the 512Kbps service and then
upgraded.

http://www.dumeter.com/

--
To email me remove ".lartsspammers"
http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
Old June 29th 04, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Fox

wrote:

I've read somewhere that the pipex 1MB service comes with a free router,
just wondering if it's true and, if so, which one?

I didn't get one but then I started on the 512Kbps service and then
upgraded.

I'm on the same 512k service at the moment, was just considering a cheap way
to get a router (pref with in-built modem) so I can try Xbox live

I was also considering going to the capped service but don't want to get
caught out by underestimating my usage. Is there any utility I can use to
monitor the amount I'm using? Ideally, something that's free, loads in

the
background and either stores it's output in a file or can be read quite
easily.

http://www.dumeter.com/

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try