Plusnet - email and Usenet access

Old June 29th 04, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default Plusnet - email and Usenet access

Anyone know what's going on with Plusnet? I have no access to my
emails and find it almost impossible to access the Plusnet website in
the forlorn hope of some information as to why their service appears
to have gone down the tubes.

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old June 29th 04, 11:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Roberts

Anyone know what's going on with Plusnet? I have no access to my
emails and find it almost impossible to access the Plusnet website in
the forlorn hope of some information as to why their service appears
to have gone down the tubes.

From plusnet.service.status at 22.46:
We are currently investigating issues on our Network whereby some of the
services including Mail, Web Surfing and News Groups may be running slowly.
An engineer has been dispatched and we hope to have more information
shortly.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Old June 29th 04, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:18:52 +0100, "Paul Roberts"
wrote:

Anyone know what's going on with Plusnet? I have no access to my
emails and find it almost impossible to access the Plusnet website in
the forlorn hope of some information as to why their service appears
to have gone down the tubes.

From plusnet.service.status at 22.46:
We are currently investigating issues on our Network whereby some of the
services including Mail, Web Surfing and News Groups may be running slowly.
An engineer has been dispatched and we hope to have more information
shortly.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

They don't appear to be running slowly - they aren't running at all.
Am I alone in thinking that Plusnet's quality of service has dropped
off recently?
--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old June 29th 04, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Roberts

Anyone know what's going on with Plusnet? I have no access to my
emails and find it almost impossible to access the Plusnet website in
the forlorn hope of some information as to why their service appears
to have gone down the tubes.

From plusnet.service.status at 22.46:
We are currently investigating issues on our Network whereby some of the
services including Mail, Web Surfing and News Groups may be running

slowly.
An engineer has been dispatched and we hope to have more information
shortly.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

They don't appear to be running slowly - they aren't running at all.
Am I alone in thinking that Plusnet's quality of service has dropped
off recently?

That would be an understatement. I've been wondering if they've adopted the
BT Openworld approach to running an ISP - I do hope not.

Old June 29th 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

wrote:

Anyone know what's going on with Plusnet? I have no access to my
emails and find it almost impossible to access the Plusnet website in
the forlorn hope of some information as to why their service appears
to have gone down the tubes.

From plusnet.service.status at 22.46:
We are currently investigating issues on our Network whereby some of the
services including Mail, Web Surfing and News Groups may be running slowly.
An engineer has been dispatched and we hope to have more information
shortly.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

They don't appear to be running slowly - they aren't running at all.
Am I alone in thinking that Plusnet's quality of service has dropped
off recently?

No, it is definitely getting worse. Amazing really, considering it was
the No. 1 choice only a few months ago.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)