Is it possible to bond ADSL connection

Old June 30th 04, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Smith

Default Is it possible to bond ADSL connection

I can only get 512k ADSL lines because of where I live. I really need at
least 1m for my work, is it possible to dual bond then as you used to with
ISDN and so have 2x512k to give 1M.

Any Ideas

Jon

Old June 30th 04, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:22:13 +0000 (UTC), "John Smith"
wrote:

I can only get 512k ADSL lines because of where I live. I really need at
least 1m for my work, is it possible to dual bond then as you used to with
ISDN and so have 2x512k to give 1M.

Yes.

Any Ideas

Type "ADSL bonding" into Yahoo - a couple of solutions are returned.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old June 30th 04, 12:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Monro

wrote:

I can only get 512k ADSL lines because of where I live. I really need at
least 1m for my work, is it possible to dual bond then as you used to with
ISDN and so have 2x512k to give 1M.

Yes.

Any Ideas

Type "ADSL bonding" into Yahoo - a couple of solutions are returned.

In case you didn't get there, one of them is probably:

http://www.aaisp.net.uk/multiline.html

I can personally reccomend A&A for excellent friendly & helpful service,
although they're not the cheapest, you get what you pay for. You'll
also probably need some special hardware to do the bonding, which is a
bit pricy.

Better value if you want a domain name, static IP address block, or
SMTP mail delivery, which are all included as standard.
--
Alex Monro, Exeter, UK 90% of everything is crud - T. Sturgeon
alexm at pobox dot com (No HTML) GPG key 68F8 6270 available from
Old July 1st 04, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 30 Jun 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, Alex Monro wrote:

In case you didn't get there, one of them is probably:
http://www.aaisp.net.uk/multiline.html

but the situation for short or long term bonding is up in the air
as BT has implemented changes and stopped it working not long ago.
Check uk.net.providers for posts by Adrian Kennard on the fairly
easy to guess subject "bonding". Peter M.
Old July 19th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Aaron J

Try also:

Http://www.vaioni.com

They specialize in ADSL Bonding and Aggregation solutions.

Regards

Aaron.