Anyone use Pipex wireless SDSL?

Old June 30th 04, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant Mason

Default Anyone use Pipex wireless SDSL?

Both my home phone lines have failed the BT BB check - even Mike at Vispa
couldn't work his magic

However, I am covered by the Pipex wireless network. 41/month plus 205
installation for 30:1 512/512. Before I commit to 700, anyone have anything
good, bad or indifferent to say specifically about their wireless offering?

http://www.pipex.net/residential/wireless/

TIA.

Old June 30th 04, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Shipman

Grant Mason wrote:

I am covered by the Pipex wireless network. 41/month plus 205
installation for 30:1 512/512. Before I commit to 700, anyone have
anything good, bad or indifferent to say specifically about their wireless
offering?

http://www.pipex.net/residential/wireless/

It's fine. The link works. Downtime is rare but has happened
a few times for a couple of hours at a time in the two or three
years we've been using the wireless service. We've always
experienced good support.

Our link's for business, not games, so I'm not particularly
aware of ping times around the net. Download times are great.
We use their DNS servers only as secondaries for our own
domain, not for lookups, and don't use their mail servers
at all, so I don't know how well that side of things works.

Nick
--
Nick Shipman
Quatrain Information Limited