BB and UKLinux

Old July 1st 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh Newbury

Default BB and UKLinux

Hi:

Has anyone any experience of UKLinux on broadband? I've been using
them for several years on dial-up and found them pretty good, with the
odd momentary lapse. I would like to go on using them when we get BB
in the sticks here in August.

(We are a tiny village of about 180 people, but luckily have a minute
exchange in the village, not much bigger than your average garden
shed. Gosh, I hope it works!)

Hugh

--
Hugh Newbury

Running Mandrake 9.1 in deepest Dorset

Old July 1st 04, 04:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rifleman

"Hugh Newbury" wrote in message
Hi:

(We are a tiny village of about 180 people, but luckily have a minute
exchange in the village, not much bigger than your average garden
shed. Gosh, I hope it works!)

You lucky bugger. Our exchange, also in the sticks, and which is quite a bit
bigger than yours, isn't being enabled until December. I wonder what BT's
thinking is on prioritising enabling........

Old July 1st 04, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Hugh Newbury wrote:
Hi:

Has anyone any experience of UKLinux on broadband? I've been using them
for several years on dial-up and found them pretty good, with the odd
momentary lapse. I would like to go on using them when we get BB in the
sticks here in August.

Some info he
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/dosearch...50&Old=6months
- generally positive

Also, AAISP (http://sod.ms/) supprot linux well.

Old July 1st 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:08:38 +0100, Hugh Newbury wrote:

Hi:

Has anyone any experience of UKLinux on broadband? I've been using
them for several years on dial-up and found them pretty good, with the
odd momentary lapse. I would like to go on using them when we get BB
in the sticks here in August.

Hugh

Just in case you are looking at others, Metronet's support team all use
Linux. Usual Disclaimer

Dave