BT to cap broadband usage for ALL users

Old July 2nd 04, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

Default BT to cap broadband usage for ALL users

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:41:04 +0100, guv wrote:

BT Yahoo have just sent out their latest email reducing the price for
a 512K connection from 29.99 per month - to 27.99 per month.

For that reduction, you get a bandwidth reduction from unlimited to
15GB per month. Not exactly a good deal huh. No more unlimited from
BT.

I am just so pleased I have a termination date with them for 9 July
and escape to Bulldog 2MB for 22.99 per month. A saving currently of
7 per month, for a connection 4x faster and unlimited downloads. It
wasnt too hard a choice to make!

What is the transfer charge? If you have to pay to migrate to Bulldog,
then shouldn't you add that cost, at least for the first year, to the
bill?

If it's 50 odd then that's 4 per month extra. I am considering
Central Point at 26.99 for 1MB serice, but there is a 56 migration
charge. If I merely go over to BT 1MB serice for 1 extra per month,
that represents nearly 5 years at Central Point. It is an uncapped
service though - for the moment.
John
In limine sapientiae