Is there a generic install guide ?

Old July 2nd 04, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.media.broadband
BarmyOne

Default Is there a generic install guide ?

Hi,

This is cross posted to both uk.telecom.broadband and
uk.media.broadband, with follow-up set to uk.telecom.broadband for ease
of reading.

A friend has requested some advice in setting up his new Wanadoo "Self
Install" connection pack. He assumed that I would know what to do, what
with me being online Though I don't have ADSL

So as per the subject line. Is there a guide out there that I can relate
over the phone to him, that will assist me in assisting him in setting
up his new Wanadoo ADSL modem "self install" package? As he is going to
call me back in a while, just as soon as he has cooled down a little bit

It would help if the guide had pictures as well. Or at the very least a
good description of what goes where.

Thanks!
Old July 2nd 04, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:41:24 GMT, BarmyOne wrote:

This is cross posted to both uk.telecom.broadband and
uk.media.broadband, with follow-up set to uk.telecom.broadband for ease
of reading.

Idiot, *plonk*.
Old July 2nd 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Barnard

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:00:51 +0100, Andrew [email protected] wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:41:24 GMT, BarmyOne wrote:

This is cross posted to both uk.telecom.broadband and
uk.media.broadband, with follow-up set to uk.telecom.broadband for ease
of reading.

Idiot, *plonk*.

I'll bite. Why?

--
Regards from Mike Barnard
South Coast, UK.

[To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]
Old July 2nd 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BarmyOne

Tx2 wrote:
In article , me9
@privacy.net, a.k.a BarmyOne says...

A friend has requested some advice in setting up his new Wanadoo "Self
Install" connection pack.

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/710...om=help&link=1
_topItem&article=BROADBAND_setup

Can't be arsed to shorten the link,

Hey when you posted it was early. You were obviously saving energy for
the rest of your day

so watch the wrap.

Thanks for the link. Just what was needed.
Old July 2nd 04, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BarmyOne

Mike Barnard wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:00:51 +0100, Andrew [email protected] wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:41:24 GMT, BarmyOne wrote:

This is cross posted to both uk.telecom.broadband and
uk.media.broadband, with follow-up set to uk.telecom.broadband for ease
of reading.

Idiot, *plonk*.

I'll bite. Why?

I'd like to know as well. I posted to two relevant groups, one of which
is chartered but has nothing in the charter regarding x-posts. I
informed any possible readers of the x-post as per usenet nettiqette. I
also used a followup so as not to duplicate threads.

So I would like to ask 'Andrew' why the 'plonk'?

Old July 2nd 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Samuria

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:41:24 GMT, BarmyOne wrote:

most isp provide a set of detailed instructions on their site I would
think wanado will have one. It is very simple but will differ
depending if he has a router or modem.

WWW.PLUS.NET has some good tutors

Old July 3rd 04, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 12:04:55 GMT, in uk.telecom.broadband,
BarmyOne wrote:

I posted to two relevant groups,

I think that is likely to be one relevant group. I guess it was
seen in the uk.media.broadband group where the plonk was posted:

Newsgroup line is:
uk.media.broadband Media available through broadband

Can you really believe a query over setup of hardware is about
the media available via broadband services ? Peter M.
Old July 4th 04, 05:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BarmyOne

BarmyOne wrote:

I posted to two relevant groups,

I think that is likely to be one relevant group. I guess it was
seen in the uk.media.broadband group where the plonk was posted:

Then you should learn to check the headers of a post you are referencing
before taking anything for granted. The "plonk" came from
uk.telecom.broadband.

Newsgroup line is:
uk.media.broadband Media available through broadband

Can you really believe a query over setup of hardware is about
the media available via broadband services ? Peter M.

Both groups are unchartered. Therefore. Unless someone alters this. Any
question relating to broadband or its provision is relevant. As lets
face it, otherwise it would be chartered against As lets face it, why
would anyone in that group be there unless they had broadband of one
flavour or another? Additionally, the x-post was used to attract the
attention of the visitors to that group, they could have replied. The
reply would have been posted to the follow-up group - hence the reason
for the follow-up being set to this group where I assumed it would be
more relevant.
Old July 4th 04, 05:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BarmyOne

Tx2 wrote:

In article , me9
@privacy.net, a.k.a BarmyOne says...

A friend has requested some advice in setting up his new Wanadoo "Self
Install" connection pack.

http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/help/id/710...om=help&link=1
_topItem&article=BROADBAND_setup

Can't be arsed to shorten the link, so watch the wrap.

Tx2 - small update. My mate had some dodgy splitters as provided in the
package. I sent him into town to get some more and all is well. Thanks
again for the link.
Old July 21st 04, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
britishbull

"BarmyOne" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

This is cross posted to both uk.telecom.broadband and
uk.media.broadband, with follow-up set to uk.telecom.broadband for ease
of reading.

A friend has requested some advice in setting up his new Wanadoo "Self
Install" connection pack. He assumed that I would know what to do, what
with me being online Though I don't have ADSL

So as per the subject line. Is there a guide out there that I can relate
over the phone to him, that will assist me in assisting him in setting
up his new Wanadoo ADSL modem "self install" package? As he is going to
call me back in a while, just as soon as he has cooled down a little bit

It would help if the guide had pictures as well. Or at the very least a
good description of what goes where.

Thanks!

I got a similar adsl pack when i joined tiscsli, all i had to do was plug
fone line into a filter which i got, then plug modem into filter, then plug
modem into usb! thats it!!