Whoosh test failure ... indicative of what?

Old July 2nd 04, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Default Whoosh test failure ... indicative of what?

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:36:10 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

What does a failed "whoosh" test indicate?

I have a USB modem connected *totally* independently to a BT POTS
socket, yet the sync light does nothing but flash, i.e. there is no
synchronising with the exchange.

The ISP did a whoosh test, which failed, and called BT in.
BT say there is connectivity.

Absolutely nothing else is plugged into this phone socket, yet i cannot
get the modem to sync ... faulty modem?

But what did the whoosh test mean?

Hi,

Without seeing the exact results that woosh produced it is difficult to
say what failed. Woosh checks a lot of different things from the copper
cable through to whether or not you are pingable. It can detect various
different problems, but may not always be able to identify the exact
cause, i.e. it may say the line is not in sync, but this could be because
of a faulty modem.

--
Regards,