Bulldog to offer 4MB service for 30/month

Old July 2nd 04, 02:01 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Bulldog to offer 4MB service for 30/month

in Central London...

See http://www.bulldogdsl.com/bulldog4/ for details and yes, this is a "all
the time" service - not just off peak only.

Also, as a sign of their recent takeover by C&W and the announcment that
will be expanding their LLU service from the current 38 exchanges to 200
odd.. the FAQ includes:

---
What are Bulldog's plans for rolling out Bulldog 4 beyond Central London?

Over the next few months we will launch the service in a number of cities
across the UK. We will publish details as we go.
---

It is also their view that "most" (not all) lines will work at 4MB -
obviously they are using different dB/SNR limits to BT

If you/anyone does decide to use Bulldog would you mind quoting my referral
code when signing up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under
"How did you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or by telephone.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 2nd 04, 10:53 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
[...]

Good price, good speed, no connection charge - whats the catch?

Exclusive to selected Central London areas only!

:-(

Clive

Old July 3rd 04, 10:32 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:53:43 GMT, "Clive" wrote:

Good price, good speed, no connection charge - whats the catch?

Exclusive to selected Central London areas only!

It's very tempting! I am very happy with PlusNet and they have
excellent customer service...they don't treat their customers like
mushrooms (keeping them in the dark and feeding them bullsh&t).

If 'dog were just as good, I'd move.

Cheers,

Guy

** I may not be perfect, but I'm
** English, and that's the next best thing!
Old July 3rd 04, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 10:32:27 +0100, Dr Teeth
wrote:

It's very tempting! I am very happy with PlusNet and they have
excellent customer service...they don't treat their customers like
mushrooms (keeping them in the dark and feeding them bullsh&t).

If 'dog were just as good, I'd move.

Perhaps bulldog are just as good - but you will never find out?

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old July 3rd 04, 11:56 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:53:43 GMT, "Clive" wrote:

Good price, good speed, no connection charge - whats the catch?

Exclusive to selected Central London areas only!

It's very tempting! I am very happy with PlusNet and they have
excellent customer service...they don't treat their customers like
mushrooms (keeping them in the dark and feeding them bullsh&t).

If 'dog were just as good, I'd move.

Having no experience of Plusnet's service..

I would say Bulldog's customer service is unlikely to be as "polished" as
Plusnet's - i.e. you have a longer wait for tech support on the telephone
and Bulldog could be more proactive in a few other areas - that Plusnet seem
to do well in.

However, Bulldog's LLU service (i.e. the one in Central London) is *very*
good - they have virtually no complaints about it and these products have
"virtually no contention" - in fact they even use that phrase now - rather
then pretending their LLU products have a maximum 40:1 contention..*

I guess there are advantages to running their own DSLAMs and being brought
by Cable and Wireless...

(*of course their products which are not on LLU exchanges are still
contended though)

Regards
Sunil

Old July 3rd 04, 06:44 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Jaime

in Central London...

See http://www.bulldogdsl.com/bulldog4/ for details and yes, this is a

"all
the time" service - not just off peak only.

Also, as a sign of their recent takeover by C&W and the announcment that
will be expanding their LLU service from the current 38 exchanges to 200
odd.. the FAQ includes:

snip

Any Idea if this can be used for business usage?

Jaime

Old July 3rd 04, 07:08 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"jaime" wrote in message

in Central London...

See http://www.bulldogdsl.com/bulldog4/ for details and yes, this is a

"all
the time" service - not just off peak only.

Also, as a sign of their recent takeover by C&W and the announcment that
will be expanding their LLU service from the current 38 exchanges to 200
odd.. the FAQ includes:

snip

Any Idea if this can be used for business usage?

You would have to ask Bulldog directly - though I think this offer is aimed
at
residential users.

Bulldog have seperate packages aimed at businesses at
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residentia...me/biztime.asp

Regards
Sunil

Old July 3rd 04, 08:10 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Jaime

snip
Any Idea if this can be used for business usage?

You would have to ask Bulldog directly - though I think this offer is

aimed
at
residential users.

Bulldog have seperate packages aimed at businesses at
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residentia...me/biztime.asp

Regards
Sunil

Thanks for the reply.

Jaime

Old July 4th 04, 03:19 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

In uk.telecom.broadband Sunil Sood wrote:
snip
I would say Bulldog's customer service is unlikely to be as "polished" as
Plusnet's - i.e. you have a longer wait for tech support on the telephone
and Bulldog could be more proactive in a few other areas - that Plusnet seem
to do well in.

However, Bulldog's LLU service (i.e. the one in Central London) is *very*
good - they have virtually no complaints about it and these products have
"virtually no contention" - in fact they even use that phrase now - rather
then pretending their LLU products have a maximum 40:1 contention..*

I guess there are advantages to running their own DSLAMs and being brought
by Cable and Wireless...

And disadvantages.
They could have been someone, been a contender.