BT to double SDSL coverage

Old July 2nd 04, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default BT to double SDSL coverage

BT today confirmed plans to double the availability of its wholesale
symmetric broadband products for businesses by bringing the technology to a
further 150 exchanges.

The latest phase of rollout will bring the number of exchanges providing
SDSL to 300. As well as widening SDSL availability in areas which were
included in the first phases of rollout, the move will bring a wider range
of business class broadband services to additional new areas including parts
of the M3/M4 corridor, Cheshire, Cardiff, North East England, Aberdeen and
Exeter.

The first 34 of theses exchanges will have SDSL service by the end of July,
another 34 will have service by the end of November 2004 and SDSL switch on
dates for the remaining 82 will be announced by the end of September 2004.

More at
http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...004/nr0457.htm

Regards
Sunil