Plusnet regrade

Old July 2nd 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

Default Plusnet regrade

BT have reduced the regrade fee to 11.75 or thereabouts.

Plusnet stills seems to be charging 60 - 70. When are they going to reduce
prices?

Old July 2nd 04, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

"Road_Hog" wrote in message
BT have reduced the regrade fee to 11.75 or thereabouts.

Plusnet stills seems to be charging 60 - 70. When are they going to

reduce
prices?

The regrade fee is currently 41.13 for an annual contract, when you are
increasing the speed of your connection.

However we are about to release a new pricing structure in response to BT
Wholesale's reductions; please look out for an announcement on our Website
and Customer Service feedback NG early next week.

Regards

--
+ ----
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+

Old July 3rd 04, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:42:39 +0100, chris wrote:

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 22:47:56 +0100 and in article tHkFc.1732$Fc7.374842
, PlusNet Support said...
: "Road_Hog" wrote in message
: ...
: BT have reduced the regrade fee to 11.75 or thereabouts.
:
: Plusnet stills seems to be charging 60 - 70. When are they going to
: reduce
: prices?
:
:
: The regrade fee is currently 41.13 for an annual contract, when you are
: increasing the speed of your connection.
:
How come my friend, who has just joined plus.net on a 12 month annual
contract, had to pay 58 for his activation fee?! He is on your 512k
home product - 22 p/m iirc. I thought plus.net waived the activation
fee?

Hi there,

The activation fee is still applicable for customers. BT still charge
for line activation and we have to reflect that to our customers. If
BT reduce this we would certainly look at reducing it, but until then
we are unable to subsidise the cost.

kind regards

Luke
Old July 3rd 04, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Light

"chris" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 09:31:52 +0100 and in article
, PlusNet Support said...
: The activation fee is still applicable for customers. BT still charge
: for line activation and we have to reflect that to our customers.

But, correct me if i'm wrong, your contract is for 12 months is it not?
If this is the case, then why is the activation fee not waived like a
lot of your rivals do? It's a shame that such a competitive ISP like
plus.net cannot do something about this activation fee, especially as
you rope people into 12 month contracts!

You're wrong! (Well you wanted to be corrected) Example:

For the 512KB unlimited 'bandwidth' account:

70.50 + 21.99/month for monthly contract
58.75 + 21.99/month for annual contract
or
0.00 + 27.49/month for annual contact, 21.99/month after 12 months

--
Phil
www.paraxial.co.uk

Old July 3rd 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

"PlusNet Support" wrote in message

"Road_Hog" wrote in message
BT have reduced the regrade fee to 11.75 or thereabouts.

Plusnet stills seems to be charging 60 - 70. When are they going to

reduce
prices?

The regrade fee is currently 41.13 for an annual contract, when you are
increasing the speed of your connection.

However we are about to release a new pricing structure in response to BT
Wholesale's reductions; please look out for an announcement on our Website
and Customer Service feedback NG early next week.

BT announced this from the first of June? What is taking so long?You were
going to announce changes week commencing 21st June.

Please don't give me the "BT didn't give us any advance notice" It's quite
simple, after a couple of days, somebody changes the website to reflect BT
charges
i.e. 11.75 whether it's monthly, weekly or millennium.

Regrade fee is 41.13 for an annual contract. I'm on monthly, does that mean
it will cost more? If so how much extra does BT charge for regrades if your
customer goes on monthly contract?

Old July 3rd 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Road_Hog" wrote in message
Regrade fee is 41.13 for an annual contract. I'm on monthly, does that

mean
it will cost more? If so how much extra does BT charge for regrades if

your
customer goes on monthly contract?

BT charge the same. If an ISP charges more thats an issue for them.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 3rd 04, 11:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

"Road_Hog" wrote in message
Regrade fee is 41.13 for an annual contract. I'm on monthly, does that

mean
it will cost more? If so how much extra does BT charge for regrades if

your
customer goes on monthly contract?

BT charge the same. If an ISP charges more thats an issue for them.

Are you listening Plusnet?

I shall be upgrading to 1Meg within a week. I will not be paying 41.13 as I
have already paid 70.00 activation fee in May.

Your call.

Old July 4th 04, 12:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:57:31 UTC, "Road_Hog" wrote:

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

"Road_Hog" wrote in message
Regrade fee is 41.13 for an annual contract. I'm on monthly, does that

mean
it will cost more? If so how much extra does BT charge for regrades if

your
customer goes on monthly contract?

BT charge the same. If an ISP charges more thats an issue for them.

Are you listening Plusnet?

I shall be upgrading to 1Meg within a week. I will not be paying 41.13 as I
have already paid 70.00 activation fee in May.

Your call.

It's a free market. Go elsewhere. Don't see why Plusnety (and its other
customers) should subsidise anyone.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old July 4th 04, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

"Dave Mason" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 00:07:09 +0100, chris wrote:

Exactly. Plus.net will lose business because of their decisions.

If you choose your ISP only on price you will always be disappointed.

It is not a choice on price. I have already paid an activation fee two
months ago. I wish to upgrade i.e. pay more money.

BT have dropped their charges over a month ago to 11 + vat, Plusnet are
still quoting 41 for a yearly contract, which suggest that the monthly fee
is more (the activation fee is and if the regrade fee isn't, why mention
yearly in the post)

So, lets sum it up, I'm a customer who wants to pay more money each month,
but doesn't want to get ripped off on the upgrade fee of 50+ when BT have
dropped their price to 11.

Hows that choosing my ISP on price? I just want the price cut for the
regrade fee, passed on to me and not to be gouged to stay on monthly
payment.