Filters

Old July 3rd 04, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

Default Filters

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 10:58:19 GMT, "KingKong"
wrote:

If ADSL is enabled on a home with several extensions, does a filter have to
be fitted at every socket with a phone? Or just the socket with the ADSL
modem?

Sorry if its a stupid question but I can find any ref in the docs about
this, and since installation the ADSL drops out every few minutes....

Needs to be connected to each socket according to
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ , click on beginners' guide link on upper
left.

Cheers,

Guy

** I may not be perfect, but I'm
** English, and that's the next best thing!

Old July 3rd 04, 12:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woof

wrote:

If ADSL is enabled on a home with several extensions, does a filter have to
be fitted at every socket with a phone? Or just the socket with the ADSL
modem?

There has to be a filter somewhere between each telephone and the BT
line into the house. Where it is, it doesn't matter.
Old July 3rd 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 03 Jul 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, Woof wrote:

There has to be a filter somewhere between each telephone and the BT
line into the house. Where it is, it doesn't matter.

Indeed. I have used a single filter to support phones and extensions
to other rooms while some suggest a filter is needed per device that
is plugged in. Your description is the ideal one, IMHO. Peter M.
Old July 3rd 04, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:47:50 +0100, poster wrote:

On 03 Jul 2004, in uk.telecom.broadband, Woof wrote:

There has to be a filter somewhere between each telephone and the BT
line into the house. Where it is, it doesn't matter.

Indeed. I have used a single filter to support phones and extensions
to other rooms while some suggest a filter is needed per device that
is plugged in. Your description is the ideal one, IMHO. Peter M.

Hi,

It really depends on how your line is setup as to how the filters need to
be set. If all the phones, extensions, etc. and the modem plug into the
master socket then you can get away with one, but if you extensions that
are hardwired into the back of the master socket and the modem is at the
end of another extension then the 1 filters per device will probably be
needed.

--
Regards,

Old July 3rd 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster