Langreen questions

Old July 4th 04, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Default Langreen questions

This company is going to be rolling out in our area.

I'm quite interested but I have a few questions for existing users :

* how are you finding the service (upload / download speeds, reliability,
etc) ?
* how are you connected ? eg. does a normal broadband router work ok ?
Anyone tried a wireless access point / broadband router ?
* has anyone tried online action gaming ? I understand that the satellite
link introduces latency which may make shooters, etc, unplayable.

And in general, as it costs more to have a static address, has anyone been
using any of the dynamic dns services (eg. http://www.dyndns.org ) with any
success ?

Thanks

Old July 4th 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Kev wrote:

And in general, as it costs more to have a static address, has anyone been
using any of the dynamic dns services (eg. http://www.dyndns.org ) with any
success ?

Yep, dyndns works fine for static and and dynamic IP addresses, but on
occasions DNS updates can take several hours to 'go live' and so it's
not all 'instantaneous' - I had broadband line problem on one site so I
relocated the data to another server elsewhere and changed the dyndns
address to point to the new location. The line fault was fixed in a
couple of hours but the DNS update never happened during this period.

L3K