Broadband start date.

Old July 4th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

Default Broadband start date.

I have it had it confirmed by OneTel that BT have done the work on my line,
and that my modem should be with me before my start date on the 6th. If the
modem was to turn up tommorow, would I be able to ask onetel to move my
start date?

Anyone done this before?

Old July 4th 04, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

No need to contact Onetel..

If BT have done the work in the exchange the chances are that as soon as

you
plug in your modem, the service will start to work - regardless of the

date.

Nice one. Obviously Onetel will need to know if the modem has arrived

Old July 4th 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:47:45 +0100, "Dean Lambert"
strung together this:

Nice one. Obviously Onetel will need to know if the modem has arrived

No. The start date is just a "should be working by" date, on numerous
occasions BT have activated the line before then and the account
details are on the ISP's server. Not much point contacting Onetel,
they'll probably just tell you that it'll be ready on the date
mentioned etc... insert usual customer service babble here
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old July 4th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Lurch" wrote in message

No. The start date is just a "should be working by" date, on numerous
occasions BT have activated the line before then and the account
details are on the ISP's server. Not much point contacting Onetel,
they'll probably just tell you that it'll be ready on the date
mentioned etc... insert usual customer service babble here

That's ok then because ontel have emailed me all the stuff I need to know,
username password etc.

Old July 4th 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:08:08 +0100, "Dean Lambert"
strung together this:

That's ok then because ontel have emailed me all the stuff I need to know,
username password etc.

Then all you need to do is enter all the info in the right places and
wait for the flashing ADSL light to go solid. Should work then,
possibly.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old July 4th 04, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Lurch" wrote in message
Then all you need to do is enter all the info in the right places and
wait for the flashing ADSL light to go solid. Should work then,
possibly.

Thanks, I like how you put the "possibly" bit in your message ;o)

Old July 4th 04, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 18:14:11 +0100, "Dean Lambert"
strung together this:

I like how you put the "possibly" bit in your message ;o)

Well, if everything worked as it should then this would be a boring
group!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old July 4th 04, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Lurch" wrote in message
Well, if everything worked as it should then this would be a boring
group!

Well watch out for the post tomorrow from me saying it hasn't worked