Netgear D834 and AOL BB

Old July 4th 04, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark²°°³

Default Netgear D834 and AOL BB

Tx2 wrote:

I'm having some issues with AOL using a Netgear router ...

Firstly, one of the games (Dark Age of Camelot) refuses to update when
the router is in use, despite us having gone as far as setting DMZ on
the router.

Secondly, we can connect to AOL using the router, but when we try to
load certain web pages in Internet Explorer instead of the AOL GUI, the
pages won't load. They load fine in the AOL GUI ...

Sites like Google and Yahoo load fine in IE, but clicking links off
these pages is where the problem seems to be. The pages simply don't
load, the progress bar just creeps along, eventually seemingly grinding
to a halt.

Everything is fine when using the AOL supplied USB modem however.

I suspected it might be something to do with a proxy server, but there
isn't any configured on the router, and would this not also have an
effect when using the USB modem if proxy were in use locally somewhere
on the PC?

As i say, the router connects us to AOL without apparent issue, but we
seem to have the issues i mention above.

The router has been used on an alternative ADSL connection and was
perfect.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Make sure you have the latest firmware on the router.
Set up DNS on the router manually to 152.163.0.26 and 205.188.64.153.
Point you network card's DNS to the router address.
I have set up this router for a client who is on AOL and it will work.

Good luck

--

Mark²°°³
Old July 4th 04, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Ditch AOL, get a better and cheaper ISP, e.g. PlusNet, Zen, Nildram,
Pipex....
Regards,
Martin

Old July 5th 04, 05:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 , in uk.telecom.broadband, chris wrote:

Zen's 512k package isn't cheaper than Zen's tho!

???????
Old July 9th 04, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 23:48:41 +0100, "Martin²" wrote:

Ditch AOL, get a better and cheaper ISP, e.g. PlusNet, Zen, Nildram,
Pipex....
Regards,
Martin

Bloody hell, Martin has definitely cracked now. He's totally lost it!

Can't believe he didn't include the Netgear DG834 in the ditching
recommendation........

Filthy Rich
Music House
Old July 10th 04, 02:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Filthy Rich:
Bloody hell, Martin has definitely cracked now. He's totally lost it!

Can't believe he didn't include the Netgear DG834 in the ditching
recommendation........

Hopefully the OP read your 'yet another firmware upgrade' post and will make
the judgement for himself.
Regards,
Martin