Conection Problem

Old July 5th 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

Default Conection Problem

I have been having an ongoing connection problem with my work broadband
connection, provided by FreeNetName through brightview. We use a D-Link
DSL300 modem and a D-Link DI-604 router connected to 4 PC's, the modem and
router are left powered 24./7 the PC's are switched off at night. The
connection will be fine for several days and then one morning when we switch
on a PC and go to check the email it wont connect, none of the PCs will. I
have spoken to our ISP's technical support department, and they are
currently investigating the problem. One thing I did notice, they told me
that according to they're records we were connected, they even told me what
our IP was, when I checked our modems setup page http://192.168.0.1 It told
me a different IP address, which they confirmed was the IP used before the
current one, if you follow, our router setup page also showed the same
incorrect IP.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what is happening here?

As a side note, I now have just one PC connected direct to the modem, and
notice the IP lease time is only 1 minute, is this usual for ADSL? When I
was on NTL at home which also supposedly uses a dynamic IP system I was
assigned IP leases of almost 24hrs, this 1 minute seems unusual to me.

Again any thoughts or explanations of this would be gratefully received.

Old July 7th 04, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

"Mr Wizzo" wrote in message
[...]

Same thing today, switched on and couldnt browse or send email. Called tech
support to ask what our current IP address was, and the one the modem status
page was showing me was the one from our previous session.

Anyone got any ideas?

pwetty pwease