It's here!!

Old July 5th 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

Default It's here!!

My broadband modem has turned up. Now for the bad news:

According to Onetel, BT still haven't switched my line over. They are doing
this tomorrow. Does anyone know of a way to get BT to do it now?

Old July 5th 04, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Dean Lambert wrote:
My broadband modem has turned up. Now for the bad news:

According to Onetel, BT still haven't switched my line over. They
are doing this tomorrow. Does anyone know of a way to get BT to do
it now?

No. BT will activate the line according to their schedule.

Dominic

Old July 5th 04, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Dean Lambert wrote:
My broadband modem has turned up. Now for the bad news:

According to Onetel, BT still haven't switched my line over. They are doing
this tomorrow. Does anyone know of a way to get BT to do it now?

There is an easy way to make the wait lots shorter.
Get very, very drunk.
Old July 5th 04, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Dominic" wrote in message
news
No. BT will activate the line according to their schedule.

Damn, nice little modem I've got....can't use it till tomorrow ;o(

Old July 5th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message

There is an easy way to make the wait lots shorter.
Get very, very drunk.

I'm going to take your advice, I like that idea

Old July 5th 04, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

"Dean Lambert" wrote in message
My broadband modem has turned up. Now for the bad news:

According to Onetel, BT still haven't switched my line over. They are

doing
this tomorrow. Does anyone know of a way to get BT to do it now?

Keep watching those lights.... As soon as they stop blinking, your'e on!!
:-)

Phil

Old July 5th 04, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Dean Lambert wrote:
"Dominic" wrote in message
news
No. BT will activate the line according to their schedule.

Damn, nice little modem I've got....can't use it till tomorrow ;o(

Might not be until 6pm tomorrow either.

Old July 5th 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fred

"Phil" wrote in message

"Dean Lambert" wrote in message
My broadband modem has turned up. Now for the bad news:

According to Onetel, BT still haven't switched my line over. They are

doing
this tomorrow. Does anyone know of a way to get BT to do it now?

Keep watching those lights.... As soon as they stop blinking, your'e on!!
:-)

Phil

BUT, remember to put micro-filters on ALL phones etc.
I thought it would at least work a bit without, only to find that I had
probably missed at least one day of connection!!
My line was enabled before the date my ISP (Pipex) said BT would enable it.

Old July 5th 04, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Downie

Fred wrote:
"Phil" wrote in message

"Dean Lambert" wrote in
message ...
My broadband modem has turned up. Now for the bad news:

According to Onetel, BT still haven't switched my line over. They
are doing this tomorrow. Does anyone know of a way to get BT to do
it now?

Keep watching those lights.... As soon as they stop blinking, your'e
on!! :-)

Phil

BUT, remember to put micro-filters on ALL phones etc.

Or, alternatively, use your loaf and only install one on the incoming line
and wire all your extentions to that one filter. A lot cheaper.

Tim

--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.

Old July 5th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Phil" wrote in message

"Dean Lambert" wrote in message
My broadband modem has turned up. Now for the bad news:

According to Onetel, BT still haven't switched my line over. They are

doing
this tomorrow. Does anyone know of a way to get BT to do it now?

Keep watching those lights.... As soon as they stop blinking, your'e on!!
:-)

They have stopped, it's not recognising my username or password at the
domain