BT to cap broadband usage for ALL users

Old July 5th 04, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sean

Default BT to cap broadband usage for ALL users

guv wrote:

BT Yahoo have just sent out their latest email reducing the price for
a 512K connection from 29.99 per month - to 27.99 per month.

For that reduction, you get a bandwidth reduction from unlimited to
15GB per month. Not exactly a good deal huh. No more unlimited from
BT.

I am just so pleased I have a termination date with them for 9 July
and escape to Bulldog 2MB for 22.99 per month. A saving currently of
7 per month, for a connection 4x faster and unlimited downloads. It
wasnt too hard a choice to make!

--

BT has a slight problem. I have mentioned about BT Broadband Voice using the connection.
My calculations are shocking. www.btbbv.tk
Old July 7th 04, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"sean" -k wrote in message

BT has a slight problem. I have mentioned about BT Broadband Voice
using the connection. My calculations are shocking. www.btbbv.tk

The BT caps are "download" only.. and only apply to BT Broadband and BT
Yahoo... - not other ADSL ISP's.

I know BT now give a 1/month discount on BBV if you have BT Broadband but
they were really targetting the service at NTL/Telewest Cable Modem users

Regards
Sunil

Old July 7th 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Howard Harris

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:50:40 +0100, Sunil Sood wrote:

"sean" -k wrote in message

BT has a slight problem. I have mentioned about BT Broadband Voice
using the connection. My calculations are shocking. www.btbbv.tk

The BT caps are "download" only.. and only apply to BT Broadband and BT
Yahoo... - not other ADSL ISP's.

No, that is wrong

http://www.btyahoo.com/newprice

"What are usage allowances?
A usage allowance is the maximum amount of data that you can transfer each
month, both uploaded and downloaded. If you've a BT Yahoo! Broadband
500kbps service, you can transfer up to 15GB of data a month. If you're a
BT Yahoo! Broadband 1Mb customer, you can transfer up to 30GB of data
monthly."

--
Howard
Old July 7th 04, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 21:15:58 +0100, Howard Harris
wrote:

"What are usage allowances?
A usage allowance is the maximum amount of data that you can transfer each
month, both uploaded and downloaded. If you've a BT Yahoo! Broadband
500kbps service, you can transfer up to 15GB of data a month. If you're a
BT Yahoo! Broadband 1Mb customer, you can transfer up to 30GB of data
monthly."

I like the way they assume that people on faster connections are more
likely to download more data. I'd see it as faster connection equals
less time spent downloading tedious patches and updates.
--
Richard Sobey