Cheap wireless ADSL router

Old July 7th 04, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

Default Cheap wireless ADSL router

Can someone recommend a low-cost wireless router with a built-in ADSL
connection (so I don't have to keep my rather naff ADSL modem)?

TIA

Old July 7th 04, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RobertJM

Belkin 7630, but only had mine a week though!

RobertJM

Old July 7th 04, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

"RobertJM" wrote in message
Belkin 7630, but only had mine a week though!

Does this one allow more than one wireless connection ie a laptop and PDA ?

Old July 7th 04, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"___" wrote in message

"RobertJM" wrote in message
Belkin 7630, but only had mine a week though!

Does this one allow more than one wireless connection ie a laptop and
PDA ?

Yes - I think the Belkin 7630 is supposed to support up to about 50 wireless
connections - though I haven't tried more than 2/3 at a time.

All wireless modem/routers I have come accross will allow multiple
connections.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 7th 04, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
"___" wrote in message

"RobertJM" wrote in message
Belkin 7630, but only had mine a week though!

Does this one allow more than one wireless connection ie a laptop and
PDA ?

Yes - I think the Belkin 7630 is supposed to support up to about 50

wireless
connections - though I haven't tried more than 2/3 at a time.

All wireless modem/routers I have come accross will allow multiple
connections.

Thanks for info. Am I right in thinking that any router acts as a mains
socket as regards any pc connected to it is the ONLY one which needs to be
on, the same with a PDA for wireless net access ?

Old July 7th 04, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:25:33 +0100, "___" strung
together this:

Am I right in thinking that any router acts as a mains
socket as regards any pc connected to it is the ONLY one which needs to be
on, the same with a PDA for wireless net access ?

And again, in English.
If you're asking if you only need any one client machiine on at any
one time for that machine to access the net, then yes.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd