Onetel news server

Old July 7th 04, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

Default Onetel news server

Well I've eventually got connected onto broadband. Got the email sorted
out. As for newsgroups, well I can receive them but can't post any
messages.
Anyone else have the same problem?

Old July 8th 04, 02:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

OneTel news server was pathetic, probably still is.
Their email server(s) aren't much good either.
Regards,
Martin

Old July 11th 04, 02:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Well I've eventually got connected onto broadband. Got the email sorted
out. As for newsgroups, well I can receive them but can't post any
messages.
Anyone else have the same problem?

Hi Dean.
Likewise, not been able to post to news.onetel.net.uk since 24 May.
Stopped trying now.
Use www.individual.de I get all the text groups I need, plus it keeps my IP
address out of the headers.

Graham.