best wireless to buy

Old July 7th 04, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
stuart harmes

Default best wireless to buy

i currently have a linksys wrt54g with a netgear dm602 adsl modem. 1
laptop and 1 desktop both on wireless.everything has been working well
but i have to keep resetting the modem and the desktop has trouble
getting on the internet. someone told me you can get an all in one
router/modem/wireless. if so what would people recommend money is not
a problem
Old July 7th 04, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On 7 Jul 2004 13:05:48 -0700, (stuart harmes)
wrote:

i currently have a linksys wrt54g with a netgear dm602 adsl modem. 1
laptop and 1 desktop both on wireless.everything has been working well
but i have to keep resetting the modem and the desktop has trouble
getting on the internet. someone told me you can get an all in one
router/modem/wireless. if so what would people recommend money is not
a problem

At the moment my money will be spend on a Draytek 2600G thanks to the
many recommendations and no bad press from anybody.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/vigor2600g.html

It is a little on the expensive side compared to other home router (or
perhaps SOHO) products but I'm guessing you get what you pay for in
these situations.

I'd buy it tomorrow but I don't require an ADSL router until November
time when I move house.
--
Richard Sobey

Old July 8th 04, 02:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

I was lucky, the DM602 I bought was useless and I was able to return it.
Decided to go for the best - bought Draytek Vigor 2600We, installed it in
May 2003 in 15 mins,
haven't touched it since.
Regards,
Martin