Req:Info on best ISP

Old July 8th 04, 12:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JERRY

Default Req:Info on best ISP

Had enough of pipex newsgroups i'm going to move house shortly i'm
looking for the best deal especially interested in alt.Bineries groups
any body any suggestions

Please remove -REMOVE- to reply

JERRY
Old July 8th 04, 01:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mrlipring

"JERRY" wrote in message
Had enough of pipex newsgroups i'm going to move house shortly i'm
looking for the best deal especially interested in alt.Bineries groups
any body any suggestions

Please remove -REMOVE- to reply

JERRY

depends what you can get in your new location. Cable? Blueyonder's meant to
be good. NTL's crap if you can get it, so i'd leave it well alone.

As for DSL, i've not heard many good things about any of them. Why not pay a
fiver a month or whatever for an unlimited third party service?

Old July 8th 04, 07:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

JERRY wrote:
Had enough of pipex newsgroups i'm going to move house shortly i'm
looking for the best deal especially interested in alt.Bineries groups
any body any suggestions

Nildram provide access to the Giganews service which has very good retention
on both text and binaries. Fast too.

www.nildram.net

Dominic

Old July 8th 04, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Eclipse also outsource their news feed to Giganews which is pretty good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Nildram use a combination of their own
servers
and Giganews, but they only have a limited number of Giganews connections so
you may have problems getting to Giganews when its busy.

Tim