Migrating to Nildram - checking the progress?

Old July 8th 04, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Quinton

Default Migrating to Nildram - checking the progress?

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:06:33 +0100, Paul
wrote:

I decided to migrate from Eclipse to Nildram last Saturday and ordered
online after receiving my CBUK number.

As a matter of interest, why (Eclipse to Nildram)?
They're 2 of the companies that are on my "highly possible" list of
ISPs when we get BB here in November.

Whilst I've got everyone's attention, another question:-
BT's BB checker says 2Mb for the ISDN number on our Business Highway,
but only 512 for the Analogue numbers (and a neighbour's number).
Will it be worthwhile asking for a Manual Order?
If a Manual order says no to 2Mb, will the ISP automatically continue
with 512?
--
UK Computer stuff from Morgan Auctions. Bids start at 1. No reserve. Sign up NOW!
http://www.bizorg.co.uk/shopping/morgan.php
Old July 8th 04, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"David Quinton" wrote in
message
Whilst I've got everyone's attention, another question:-
BT's BB checker says 2Mb for the ISDN number on our Business Highway,
but only 512 for the Analogue numbers (and a neighbour's number).
Will it be worthwhile asking for a Manual Order?

Its always worth trying a "manual order" - but it could just be the ISDN on
the line confusing matters.

If you have BH on the line, make sure you go for an ISP which offers a
"managed conversion" - ISP's can do "manual orders" for these as well

If a Manual order says no to 2Mb, will the ISP automatically continue
with 512?

No, you would have to reorder - an ISP cannot be sure you would be happy
with the lower speed.

In the case of a "managed conversion" you may find an engineer comes around,
enables ADSL - fails you @2MB, reinstalls ISDN and then comes back a week or
two later to do all the same but "pass" you at 512K.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 8th 04, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Quinton

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:27:47 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

Its always worth trying a "manual order" - but it could just be the ISDN on
the line confusing matters.

If you have BH on the line, make sure you go for an ISP which offers a
"managed conversion" - ISP's can do "manual orders" for these as well

I think we'll probably keep the BH because we have separate fax/voice
numbers one the analogue ports and I reckon it'd be a good idea to
keep it as backup.

So we plan to splash out on a new line from BT.