Plusnet Bandwidth Upgrade

Old July 11th 04, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default Plusnet Bandwidth Upgrade

Just tried adding extra bandwidth to my Plusnet 14.99 account and it just
keeps resetting back to 14.99. I called the 0845 C/S number and was told to
use the online help system...WHY HAVE A C/S NUMBER IF YOUR NOT GONNA HELP!

Been into the help wizard for adding extra bandwidth and it just tells me to
do what I have already been doing...what a load of [email protected]!

Anyone else manged to get this working?

Old July 11th 04, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
Just tried adding extra bandwidth to my Plusnet 14.99 account and it just
keeps resetting back to 14.99. I called the 0845 C/S number and was told

use the online help system...WHY HAVE A C/S NUMBER IF YOUR NOT GONNA HELP!

Been into the help wizard for adding extra bandwidth and it just tells me

do what I have already been doing...what a load of [email protected]!

Anyone else manged to get this working?

Keep posting here and Plusnet will reply. Easier than using their website
system.

Old July 11th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:14:50 +0100, "Gareth :-\) voom"
wrote:

Just tried adding extra bandwidth to my Plusnet 14.99 account and it just
keeps resetting back to 14.99. I called the 0845 C/S number and was told to
use the online help system...WHY HAVE A C/S NUMBER IF YOUR NOT GONNA HELP!

Been into the help wizard for adding extra bandwidth and it just tells me to
do what I have already been doing...what a load of [email protected]!

Anyone else manged to get this working?

Hi Gareth,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

We are having some problems with our database at the moment that may
be causing this.

Unfortunately some requests from customers have to be via the contact
us section as we need written confirmation. This would be one example
of that.

If you could raise a ticket on your account to request the upgrade in
bandwidth, we will action that for you.

Kind regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old July 11th 04, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

wrote:

[...]

Strange...so why would you have an upgrade button if you can't upgrade
without written confirmation?

Old July 11th 04, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Unfortunately some requests from customers have to be via the contact
us section as we need written confirmation. This would be one example
of that.

So let me see if I have got this right.

A request submitted via a Web Form is regarded as preferable to a one-on-one
talk to a support-desk agent where the said agent might be able to.
See your CLI
Record the conversation.
Ask you security questions to prove you are indeed their customer,

all because a Web Form is regarded as a request "in writing"?

Is it the Law, or just PN being an ass?

Graham.

Old July 11th 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bunter

use the online help system...WHY HAVE A C/S NUMBER IF YOUR NOT GONNA HELP!
I agree with this point, I joined plus.net recently as they seem to be very
attentive and helpful on the adslguide.org forums, unfortunately the 2
recent times that I have phoned their technical support I have found them to
be extremely arrogant, uninterested and unhelpful.

Bunter

Old July 11th 04, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Graham" wrote in message :

Unfortunately some requests from customers have to be via the contact
us section as we need written confirmation. This would be one example
of that.

So let me see if I have got this right.

A request submitted via a Web Form is regarded as preferable to a

one-on-one
talk to a support-desk agent where the said agent might be able to.
See your CLI
Record the conversation.
Ask you security questions to prove you are indeed their customer,

all because a Web Form is regarded as a request "in writing"?

Is it the Law, or just PN being an ass?

Graham.

That's what I was thinking. It's more secure to ring up with your details
and password but they don't seem to think so.

Old July 11th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in
:

Strange...so why would you have an upgrade button if you can't upgrade
without written confirmation?

The issue is not being unable to upgrade without written confirmation, the
issue is that the upgrade button is broken.

--
Colin
Old July 11th 04, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Graham" wrote in :

A request submitted via a Web Form is regarded as preferable to a
one-on-one talk to a support-desk agent where the said agent might be
able to. See your CLI
Record the conversation.
Ask you security questions to prove you are indeed their customer,

Unless they have upgraded the system since I worked there, agents
themselves have no ability to see your CLI (other data is displayed on the
phone screen) or record the conversation. Conversations may be monitored by
supervisors, CLI's will be logged in the call system and can be retrieved
if necessary however if someone has rung in with CLI withheld this cannot
be retrieved.
The agent has no way of knowing whether the CLI is withheld or not whilst
the call is ongoing.

With contact us, there is documented proof of a request being made by
someone authenticated as the owner of the account. With the phone, you
simply have an agent saying they have spoken to and confirmed details with
the user. A problematic user could very easily dispute that and there is no
way to prove them wrong. With contact us you can.

It is a paranoid and unnecessary approach for the majority of dealings
however there are people who try to screw the system so blame them not
PlusNet..

--
Colin
Old July 11th 04, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in
:

It's more secure to ring up with your details
and password but they don't seem to think so.

If you think the telephone system is more secure than an encrypted channel
to the portal involving no people other than a person authenticated as the
account owner then you might want to re-assess your technical knowledge..

--
Colin