setting up Matsui DTR-1 ?

Old July 11th 04, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff Cox

Default setting up Matsui DTR-1 ?

Hello

I am having problems with the Matsui DTR-1 - sometimes get no sound
and if I try the non-av setting the TV images are scrolling across the
screen ...wonder if I have the correct setup?

I have

TV with 1 scart and 1 aerial socket
Matsui DTR-1 has 2 scart sockets and aerial IN and OUT
VCR has 2 scart sockets and aerial IN and OUT.

At the moment I have

aerial connected to aerial IN on the DTR-1
aerial lead from DTR-1 to VCR
aerial lead from VCR to TV
scart from DTR-1 to TV
scart from DTR-1 to VCR

in other words - confused! Ideas please?

Cheers

Geoff

Old July 11th 04, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Hello

I am having problems with the Matsui DTR-1 - sometimes get no sound
and if I try the non-av setting the TV images are scrolling across the
screen ...wonder if I have the correct setup?

I have

TV with 1 scart and 1 aerial socket
Matsui DTR-1 has 2 scart sockets and aerial IN and OUT
VCR has 2 scart sockets and aerial IN and OUT.

At the moment I have

aerial connected to aerial IN on the DTR-1
aerial lead from DTR-1 to VCR
aerial lead from VCR to TV
scart from DTR-1 to TV
scart from DTR-1 to VCR

in other words - confused! Ideas please?

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff, I think you posted this to the wrong group!

However, I suspect the horizontal scrolling picture from the DTR1 when
watching an analogue channel is a common problem with TV's that don't
implement RGB very well. Either switch off the box when watching analogue,
or change the video output setting to "composite" or "PAL"
Or get a decent TV.
Not sure why the sound goes off though.

Graham.

Old July 11th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Geoff Cox wrote:
Hello

I am having problems with the Matsui DTR-1 - sometimes get no sound
and if I try the non-av setting the TV images are scrolling across
the screen ...wonder if I have the correct setup?

I have

TV with 1 scart and 1 aerial socket
Matsui DTR-1 has 2 scart sockets and aerial IN and OUT
VCR has 2 scart sockets and aerial IN and OUT.

At the moment I have

aerial connected to aerial IN on the DTR-1
aerial lead from DTR-1 to VCR
aerial lead from VCR to TV
scart from DTR-1 to TV
scart from DTR-1 to VCR

in other words - confused! Ideas please?

Cheers

Geoff

More confused than what you think, this is a broadband group not TV....