Should I switch to BT broadband?

Old July 12th 04, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
r_mervart

Default Should I switch to BT broadband?

I have an NTL telephone line and 128kbps broadband and
was thinking of upgrading to 512 (600) but ...

I have received a "come back" leaflet from BT with an offer
of a free modem, free connection to BT Broadband Basic
-at 512kbps for 19.99/month. I have to get a standard PSTN
line which I was told is 10.50/months, so total 30.49/month
I am assuming (not sure about that) that BT would reconnect
for free my phone line and would transfer my number
from NTL

NTL broadband at 600kbps is 24.99 and tel. line is 9.50/month
which makes total of 34.99/month. for very marginally faster
broadband connection.

Is there a catch? Why should I not come back to BT
which I left some years back? I do not subscribe to cable TV.

Roman

Old July 12th 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"r_mervart" wrote in message

Is there a catch? Why should I not come back to BT
which I left some years back? I do not subscribe to cable TV.

There is no catch as such and you can go back to BT - the only thing I would
probably do, is sign up to a different ISP and not BT Broadband - as the
19.99/month product has a 1gb/month download limit.

Other ISP's (Metronet/Pipex/Plusnet/Bulldog and others) are cheaper/better
value then BT Broadband's offering - depending on your own requirements -
though you may prefer BT Broadband' s offer of free equipment/connection.

BT normally reconnect you and port your number over for free.

Overall, it can still be cheaper for you, than using NTL.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 12th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

sign up to a different ISP and not BT Broadband - as the
19.99/month product has a 1gb/month download limit

Holy crap, I think i`ve managed that in a day before now O:-}

Old July 13th 04, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Hill

Colin Wilson uttered in :

sign up to a different ISP and not BT Broadband - as the
19.99/month product has a 1gb/month download limit

Holy crap, I think i`ve managed that in a day before now O:-}

Without doing binary newsgroups I can do that in a day easily.

--
Posting addr feeds straight to DCC and others. dhill + nana = cricalix ,
net for direct mail.
Old July 13th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
r_mervart

"Duncan Hill" wrote in message
Colin Wilson uttered in :

sign up to a different ISP and not BT Broadband - as the
19.99/month product has a 1gb/month download limit

Holy crap, I think i`ve managed that in a day before now O:-}

Without doing binary newsgroups I can do that in a day easily.

It looked dubious to me that BT would offer a better overall value.
I shall save myself hassle of changing
Thanks all for your responses

Roman

Old July 13th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Will be joining you next year, I think you made right choice.

Another satisfied customer.

:

Old July 13th 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronny

"john" wrote in message
What are you going to do with all that 1 GB/Month ?

Lol who would sign up for 1Gb a month transfer package, remember adsl has a
faster upload then NTL's 512k offering of 128k up 512k down, you would need
to go for the 1mb package to get the 256k up.

I can download 1Gb in about 2hours on my connection, so think before you
buy, do you just surf webpages, or so you download the odd game, music etc?

Old July 13th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

I did not mean I would go for a capped service, I meant I would be leaving
BTyahoo because of the future cap to a non capped service.