Pipex Broadband Service

Old July 12th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Niaz Khan

Default Pipex Broadband Service

Going to sign up to either Zen or Pipex.
Any current users out there give me feedback

--
Niaz Khan

Old July 12th 04, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sean

Niaz Khan wrote:
Going to sign up to either Zen or Pipex.
Any current users out there give me feedback

Pipex is good
Old July 12th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
KerplunKuK

Seconded, pipex are good

--
REMOVE .BOLTS to reply
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Old July 12th 04, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:19:43 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
strung together this:

Seconded, pipex are good

Thirded, I've never had a problem with Pipex.
Internet access is good, text news servers are good, what else could
you want?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old July 12th 04, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:02:20 +0100, "Niaz Khan"
wrote:

Going to sign up to either Zen or Pipex.
Any current users out there give me feedback

Used Pipex 1Mb since last November. Very pleased despite a couple of
instances when they were down (most of Sunday a few weeks ago).

Their text newsgroups are fine but binaries are fairly slow so I
download anything I want overnight while I'm in bed so no problem.

Filthy Rich
Music House
Old July 13th 04, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Seconded, pipex are good
Thirded, I've never had a problem with Pipex.
Internet access is good, text news servers are good, what else could
you want?

Fourthed :-}

I`ve had 3? outages in total since Feb 2003 - two were mail related, one
was unable to connect - none lasted for more than a couple of hours, and
were sorted by the time I got home from work.

Otherwise, perfectly consistent and reliable for me :-)

A far cry from a BT dialup account I had, when the mail server was up and
down like a newlyweds` knickers (ie. constantly) - and that was when you
could connect at all :-p

I`m on a router now, and my "dynamic" IP seems to vary from several
changes in a day (possibly BT working in the exchange) to 20+ days

Old July 17th 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:19:43 +0100, "KerplunKuK"
strung together this:

Seconded, pipex are good

Thirded, I've never had a problem with Pipex.
Internet access is good, text news servers are good, what else could
you want?

Binary news? Which I believe is not too hot on Pipex.

PlusNets' news service has recently been improved such that completion in
binary groups is as good as or better than some of the 3rd party commercial
news services.

Rob

Old July 17th 04, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zippy

If you want binary posts then forget Pipex - they've had a 'known'
problem since May 04

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:03:55 +0100, "Rob"
wrote:

.. .