anyone got claranet or zen

Old July 12th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JERRY

Default anyone got claranet or zen

Thinking of changing from pipex to either claranet or zen i'm fed up
with binaries on pipex any advice on claranet or zen

Please remove -REMOVE- to reply

JERRY
Old July 13th 04, 12:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martyn Dewar

JERRY wrote:
Thinking of changing from pipex to either claranet or zen i'm fed up
with binaries on pipex any advice on claranet or zen

Please remove -REMOVE- to reply

JERRY

Zen's quite pricey, but their new usenet platform is very good...

Some statistics:

http://fuller.zen.co.uk/stats/ -- Full Feed
http://hamilton.zen.co.uk/diablo/ -- Full Feed
http://demorgan.zen.co.uk/diablo/ -- Full Feed
http://dedekind.zen.co.uk/diablo/ -- Text Only Feed

Personally i'm very happy with Zen (on almost all factors, apart from
price), and can easily recommend them if you want a solid connection
with decent services.

Another ISP too look at is Plusnet (www.plus.net) who are currently in
the process of building a new usenet system, which is getting relatively
favourable comments over at their forum on ADSLGuide
(http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk). Statistics are available at
http://nntp-peering.plus.net/ (although iirc this still shows their old
platform). You can test their beta usenet system on beta.usenet.plus.net
(port 119 - no auth needed).

hth.

--
Martyn Dewar

Address is munged, please reply-to group.

Old July 15th 04, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paperbag Writer

JERRY wrote in
:

Thinking of changing from pipex to either claranet or zen i'm fed up
with binaries on pipex any advice on claranet or zen

Please remove -REMOVE- to reply

JERRY

I have used both and I have stuck with clara now. I had no problems with
the overall service from Zen, thier news feed is OK, no where near as good
as a premium service but above average for an ISP bundled feed. Clara is
better though, not the cheapest ISP but the newsfeed included in with the
price makes up for it. Good completion, almost as good as a premium service
and reasonable retention. I have found Clara's customer support to be
pretty good too (never had to use Zen's).
P.