Latest and Greatest unrestricted ADSL providers in the UK

Old July 13th 04, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MarkR

Default Latest and Greatest unrestricted ADSL providers in the UK

The list grows ever longer of ADSL providers offering:

512K download
256K upload
50:1 contention
Unlimited Bandwidth allowance
Unlimited time allowance
~20 GPB/mth

I'm just starting out, and am looking for speed and reliability (who isn't?!)

Does anyone have any experience of using the following providers:

firenet.co.uk
fairadsl.co.uk
v21.co.uk

Or is someone else the greatest...?
Old July 13th 04, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Ramsden

MarkR wrote:

The list grows ever longer of ADSL providers offering:

512K download
256K upload
50:1 contention
Unlimited Bandwidth allowance
Unlimited time allowance
~20 GPB/mth

I'm just starting out, and am looking for speed and reliability (who
isn't?!)

Does anyone have any experience of using the following providers:

firenet.co.uk
fairadsl.co.uk
v21.co.uk

Or is someone else the greatest...?

Hang on isn't this spam?

I would go for Zen, NDO, Nildram and Bulldog.

Anyone, one else like to add their favourite, please don't add the world's
favourite airline? (Joke!)

--
Lioncom adsl 4 port router, Nildram adsl running on Redhat 7.3. You can see
and hear me and my pal Joe Longthorne on uktalent.org.
Old July 13th 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

I'm just migrating away from fairadsl (after two reasonable years) - there
is talk of them changing their products so expect some capping. They have
just down graded their newsserver to something unusable - but refuse to
admit this - their customer service has to be experienced to be believed.
Ok if you have no need, ever, of customer service and can put up with their
aggressive/negative attitude to their users.

m...

Old July 15th 04, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MarkR

I would go for Zen, NDO, Nildram and Bulldog.

Anyone, one else like to add their favourite, please don't add the world's
favourite airline? (Joke!)

Yea, I've heard alot of good things about Bulldog. You can currently
get a potential 512k unrestricted around-the-clock from them (AllTime
500) for around 20 quid/mth (but it is a 12 mth contract).

I see also that metronet.co.uk seem to be offering the same as above
for between 10-20 quid/mth depending on your usage. The more you
download, the more you pay, capped at around 20 quid/mth.