AOL in germany! 3mb

Old July 14th 04, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default AOL in germany! 3mb

Just casually browsing and went on www.aol.de and there 3mbit tariff is
40euros a month which works out at 26! Sure a 30gb limit is imposed but
still is hell of a lot cheaper then dsl access in the UK.

What you guys think?

Dan

Old July 14th 04, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
martin

Dan wrote:

Just casually browsing and went on www.aol.de and there 3mbit tariff is
40euros a month

a 3 milli bit tarif for 40 euros! WOW! After 3 days when Google loads
you'll be ready to launch your first question at it, 5 weeks later you
get a time-out

Old July 14th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul G

"Dan" wrote in message
Just casually browsing and went on www.aol.de and there 3mbit tariff is
40euros a month which works out at 26! Sure a 30gb limit is imposed but
still is hell of a lot cheaper then dsl access in the UK.

We're heading that way here! Bulldog ( www.bulldogdsl.com ) have just
strated selling their 4Mb service for 30 a month with free connection and 3
months at 20 a month. Only problem is it's only in selected areas within
London

Paul

Old July 15th 04, 12:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:56:02 +0000 (UTC), Martin
strung together this:

a 3 milli bit tarif for 40 euros! WOW! After 3 days when Google loads
you'll be ready to launch your first question at it, 5 weeks later you
get a time-out

lots of lolling
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old July 15th 04, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Ramsden

Dan wrote:

Just casually browsing and went on www.aol.de and there 3mbit tariff is
40euros a month which works out at 26! Sure a 30gb limit is imposed but
still is hell of a lot cheaper then dsl access in the UK.

What you guys think?

Dan

Haven't you realised we have one of the worst telephone services in the EU.
Why don't we have ADSL over a good ISDN service as others have.

Remember, Prestel we invented it BT tried to charge 1000 a page and France
saw our idea and gave everyone a free Minitel terminal and saved on
phonebooks. (That's why every French Telephone box has it's book stolen).
They even get the internet now over those Minitel sets.

In France for 30 Euros you can get 5 Mbps from Free also delivering 100 TV
channels and free telephone calls. Alice provides 1024Kbps for 11 Euro's
that is less than 8 a month.

Does this mean we should have joined the Euro? Or is the chancellor waiting
at Dover with his henchman trying to get every penny from wine and tobacco
under the Free movement of goods rule. (A customs border that has been
ruled illegal by the High court and the European court.)

--
Lioncom adsl 4 port router, Nildram adsl running on Redhat 7.3. You can see
and hear me and my pal Joe Longthorne on uktalent.org.
Old July 16th 04, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
EK Driver

I am now working in germany, since i arrived in May, I was looking for
DSL connection for a decent price, and they were all too expensive so
i just gave up and now using 56k "internet by call" service (just like
freeserve no tie). the most important charge you have forgotten to
mention, is AOL works like other ADSL in UK, i.e. relies on deutsche
telekom (like BT in UK), however in UK you will only need to pay the
activation fee once (or free sometimes!), but here, not only the
activation fee (which costs something as expensive as a new telephone
line), you will also need to pay a fee to deutsche telekom EVERY MONTH
to keep the dsl active! something like 16 EUR on top of the broadband
package you mentioned.
Cable is a cheap alternative, but it takes around 2 to 4 months to get
it.