Newbie question Newsgroups

Old July 15th 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveB

Default Newbie question Newsgroups

Hi there - our wee village gets broadband on 11th Aug and I'm thinking of
going with BT - 29.99 for 1MB with 30meg/month cap.
I subscribe to Easynews at the moment - is it fairly easy to change over
the settings to BT? I imagine nothing should change within my XNews
settings and I should carry on as normal - am I right in this assumption?

Is the BT package a good deal?

Does the fact that my village is so small and few people will sign up to
broadband mean I should get fast download speeds as I'll get the line
almost to myself?

Many thanks
Steve
Old July 15th 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stormsinger

SteveB wrote:

Hi there - our wee village gets broadband on 11th Aug and I'm thinking of
going with BT - 29.99 for 1MB with 30meg/month cap.

Don't

I subscribe to Easynews at the moment - is it fairly easy to change over
the settings to BT? I imagine nothing should change within my XNews
settings and I should carry on as normal - am I right in this assumption?

Yes

Is the BT package a good deal?

No

You would be better off goinf for almost any other provider, with no cap.

Have a browse around www.adslguide.org at look at the choice available and the
support, price, features on offer.

--
Email addy is a spam trap - Spam will go to a spammer
Please post in the group to reply.
Old July 16th 04, 08:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Ramsden

john wrote:

Newbie question Newsgroups

I'd look somewhere other than BT, go for an uncapped account for less
money with another ISP .The BT package is not a good deal. Check out ISP
reviews at ADSL Guide http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

Try an independent site www.broadband-help.org where you will get better
deals. Look at Bulldog where you can get 2Mbps for 19.99 and 4Mbps in
central London for the same price.

BT do not give you domain forwarding or a fixed IP address either the last I
heard.

As for your news account, check out your software to see if it will run
multiple news servers. If it won't get one that will from www.download.com
----this allows you to get any messages you can from your ISPs news server
and get the rest from your Easy News server. I run multiple news servers
doing automatic scans with News Rover & it works a treat.

Hi there - our wee village gets broadband on 11th Aug and I'm thinking of
going with BT - 29.99 for 1MB with 30meg/month cap.
I subscribe to Easynews at the moment - is it fairly easy to change over
the settings to BT? I imagine nothing should change within my XNews
settings and I should carry on as normal - am I right in this assumption?

Is the BT package a good deal?

Does the fact that my village is so small and few people will sign up to
broadband mean I should get fast download speeds as I'll get the line
almost to myself?

Many thanks
Steve

--
Lioncom adsl 4 port router, Nildram adsl running on Redhat 7.3. You can see
and hear me and my pal Joe Longthorne on uktalent.org.
Old July 16th 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveB

Thanks for all the advice folks - I'll have a look at the weekend and see
what's what.

cheers
Steve