BTBB Solwise Router can't authenticate

Old July 15th 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan

Default BTBB Solwise Router can't authenticate

My mum recently signed up to BT Broadband - I was hoping she'd go with
plusnet, but the setup fee put her off.

When her pack arrived in the post, I got her to fire up my old Solwise
SAR703 and connected it up in the usual way:

PPPoA settings:

VPI=0
VCI=38
Mode=g.dmt
Auth=chap
Idle reconnect=0

The username appears to be her with no
password.

But the PPP client won't connect. Seems like an authentication issue... but
one thing struck me: she's not getting any "whistling" on the phone line.
Does that mean she might not be connected yet? I'd rather not spend 50p/m on
their helpline to find out.

Jonathan

Old July 15th 04, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SwissTony

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

Goto
http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10
Have a look at the login problems section and try the bt test login to see
if the line is activated properly

Old July 16th 04, 07:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan

"SwissTony" wrote in message

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

Ah - thanks, I'll try that tonight.

Old July 16th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan

"SwissTony" wrote in message

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

Well, that didn't work either. The router's fault diagnosis script told me
to try looking at the IPCP settings to see if I was connected to the ISP - I
wasn't.

The thing that makes me suspcious about this is that she doesn't have that
DSL "tone" on the line. Does not everyone have that when their line is
enabled?

grits teeth, fingernails gouge into desk

I'm going to have to pay BT 50p a minute aren't I?

Jonathan