Plusnet and BT ... no service for 6 weeks

Old July 16th 04, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

Default Plusnet and BT ... no service for 6 weeks

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:58:05 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

Had ADSL activated early June, but due to a fault on BT line, no service
was forthcoming until nearer the end of June.

Since then, constant disconnections, and the service seems to be unable
to sustain any sort of uninterrupted sync.

BT were (unfortunately) informed by the resident that there was a fault
(although she did say with broadband) and a PSTN engineer was despatched
by BT almost a week later. BT should have advised her to contact her
ISP.

No fault found with PSTN ... BT say a charge is now due, thanks BT

So, ADSL has been active on this line for over 6 weeks, and no
sustainable service to date.

It seems the next stage is to get an ADSL 'trained' engineer out.
Good, another few days of waiting won't hurt.

It has been suggested to try a replacement modem ... hmm, doesn't
resolve the underlying problem of a dodgy modem or fault on the line.
Nor does it justify spending circa 25.00 for something that shouldn't
be necessary.

Appreciative that faults do occur .... but 6 weeks to sort it out?

Fortunately, to some degree, the customer has me as a 'technical
contact' who can liaise, or at the very least, understand what is being
suggested by concerned parties.

But i'm not a charity, and the customer isn't going to pay me for all
the time i'm spending trying to resolve it for her.

And now we see an argument over a refund looming on the horizon....

Hi there,

As I posted on the other group, we were unable to raise any fault
investigation whilst a PSTN fault is ongoing. Now this has been
resolved, we can fully investigate the ADSL fault. That will be done
today for you.

kind regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old July 16th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

Tx2 wrote in
t:

Apparently, Plusnet have "arranged to review this issue" on Friday 23rd
July at 20:00, when they expect to be able to either solve the issue or
provide the customer with an update on further progress....

Sounds to me like PlusNet have logged the fault with BT and put the ticket
into a wait status. The exact reason could be a few things, most likely
that is the earliest time slot BT had to send an engineer out.

--
Colin
Old July 18th 04, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:24:13 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a PlusNet Support says...

As I posted on the other group, we were unable to raise any fault
investigation whilst a PSTN fault is ongoing. Now this has been
resolved, we can fully investigate the ADSL fault. That will be done
today for you

Of course, this has now proven to be nothing but 'damage limitation'
speak, as Plusnet are "unable" (read : unwilling) to investigate the
ADSL fault even though they have been informed (as have we) by both BT
and ourselves that the PSTN fault has been closed .... utterly
ridiculous.

Jobsworth award of the month goes to Plusnet Technical Support.

Hi Tx2,

If you can post a ticket ID or a u/n I'll happily look at this again
for you. I can guarantee we would never be "unwilling" to investigate
a fault. If on BT's database and the system we log faults with that
there is still a PSTN fault open, we are simply unable to raise one.

As I said I will happily look at this further for you.

kind regards

Luke
Old July 18th 04, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:24:13 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a PlusNet Support says...

As I posted on the other group, we were unable to raise any fault
investigation whilst a PSTN fault is ongoing. Now this has been
resolved, we can fully investigate the ADSL fault. That will be done
today for you

Of course, this has now proven to be nothing but 'damage limitation'
speak, as Plusnet are "unable" (read : unwilling) to investigate the
ADSL fault even though they have been informed (as have we) by both BT
and ourselves that the PSTN fault has been closed .... utterly
ridiculous.

Jobsworth award of the month goes to Plusnet Technical Support.

Got the ticket ID. Will look at it now.

Old July 18th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:24:13 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a PlusNet Support says...

As I posted on the other group, we were unable to raise any fault
investigation whilst a PSTN fault is ongoing. Now this has been
resolved, we can fully investigate the ADSL fault. That will be done
today for you

Of course, this has now proven to be nothing but 'damage limitation'
speak, as Plusnet are "unable" (read : unwilling) to investigate the
ADSL fault even though they have been informed (as have we) by both BT
and ourselves that the PSTN fault has been closed .... utterly
ridiculous.

Jobsworth award of the month goes to Plusnet Technical Support.

Hi There,

The PSTN fault has been closed fully on BT's systems. However, BT's
system is not currently working properly, so one of the support guys
is phoning the fault through to BT as I type. All of this information
is on the ticket.

kind regards

Luke

Old July 18th 04, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:32:38 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a PlusNet Support says...

The PSTN fault has been closed fully on BT's systems. However, BT's
system is not currently working properly, so one of the support guys
is phoning the fault through to BT as I type. All of this information
is on the ticket.

All this information is 'now' on the ticket, it wasn't, and demonstrates
that, given how long this has been going on, someone should have picked
up the phone to BT a lot sooner ... appreciative of your involvement
none the less.

Hi there,

As the agent on the phone said (although it should have been explained
properly), we are restricted to BT's tools for fault diagnosis and
reporting. If these show there is a PSTN fault ongoing then we
genuinely are unable to raise an ADSL fault. This was still the case
until this morning (and as it turns out from the phone call to BT due
to BT's system being down, there is still an open PSTN fault since the
8th), so we are now able to report it.

I fully appreciate how this situation can be frustrating, but it is
also frustrating for us as we have the customer on the one hand
desperate to get the issue resolved and we are also wanting to have
happy customers, but are unable to do anything because BT will not
allow us.

Anyway, at last we have some progress so hopefully it will be resolved
this week.

kind regards

Luke