BT DSL Question

Old July 16th 04, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David J Rainey

Default BT DSL Question

I need to order ADSL to replace a service that is being ceased next
month. For reasons that would take far too long to explain, the retail
provider I choose must be some flavour of BT - be it BTBB, BTYahoo,
BTBBB.

The BT ADSL site doesn't give me the information I need to be sure of
making the right decision. I need a package that allows about 35-40Gb of
traffic per month - which probably rules out all the consumer packages.

The Business Packages come in three types - Single, Shared, Network.
Since I already have a Router and Wireless AP for the three machines
here, I don't care what kit is provided, it'll go in a drawer anyway.

The question is, if I do stick the freebie kit in a drawer, does it
matter which of the three types I choose? Are they all at 30:1
contention?

Thanks in advance

--
David J Rainey
Old July 17th 04, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

"David J Rainey" wrote in message
t...
[...]

If you require 35-40GB of traffic a month then the business packages
will be better for you, as BTY will be introducing a 15GB a month
limit on the 500 service and 30GB a month for their 1 meg service
in the early part of next year. BTY Support have said that the
business packages will not be capped at all.

Andrew

Old July 17th 04, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:05:24 +0100, "Andrew"
wrote:

BTY Support have said that the
business packages will not be capped at all.

But will no doubt have a "fair use" clause limiting the amount, at a
level designed to ensure that half the business customers have to step
up to a more expensive package.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker