PlusNet dead?

Old July 17th 04, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JoeJoe

Default PlusNet dead?

For the last 24 hours or so I get nothing but the BT's "red screen of death"
when trying to access websites using my PlusNet BB account.

Initially only some websites were refused, but now pretty much all of them
are (including www.plus.com...).

Any idea what is going on?

Old July 17th 04, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Homer

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
For the last 24 hours or so I get nothing but the BT's "red screen of

death"
when trying to access websites using my PlusNet BB account.

Initially only some websites were refused, but now pretty much all of them
are (including www.plus.com...).

Any idea what is going on?

Don't know if it affects you but this is on the website,

16/07/2004 @ 10:59
BT Major Service Incident - DEPTFORD MUX - RESOLVED
The problem on the DEPTFORD MUX has now been resolved and customers should
be able to connect normally. If any customers are still experiencing
problems we would advise shutting your equipment down for 1 hour and then
retrying.

Old July 17th 04, 12:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

On 17 Jul 2004, JoeJoe uttered the following:

Any idea what is going on?

No problems here. Have been on most of the morning.

--
The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux.
Old July 17th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JoeJoe

Reset router, left PC switched off for 30mins, and everything looks to be
working OK now.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Old July 17th 04, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
For the last 24 hours or so I get nothing but the BT's "red screen of

death"
when trying to access websites using my PlusNet BB account.

Initially only some websites were refused, but now pretty much all of them
are (including www.plus.com...).

Any idea what is going on?

Out of interest, what's "BT's red screen of death"?

Old July 17th 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

See http://www.smoli.com

OK, now what?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 17th 04, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Jones

Out of interest, what's "BT's red screen of death"?

If your ISP's authentication server isn't working for some reason when you
connect, you get logged into a special BT account where all webpages return
a red BT page telling you there's an error. It's pretty boring, nothing much
to see.

Old July 17th 04, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JoeJoe

Sorry? ...

"Graham" wrote in message ...

See http://www.smoli.com

OK, now what?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 17th 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

Sorry? ...

"Graham" wrote in message

See http://www.smoli.com

OK, now what?

OK thanks, its pointing to a PDF now , when I tried before it was just
taking me to a default 404 type page.

Graham.

%Profound_observation%