Metronet 2mb

Old July 17th 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Metronet 2mb

I'm thinking of switching from pipex to metronet because of the low price on
their 2mb product which is a maximum of £36 a month. I'm currently paying
£34 a month on pipex 1mb. What you guys think of metronet? What are average
download speeds? Ping times to game servers? Is the network reliable and not
overloaded? I like pipex very much, but their price on the 1mb product is
starting to loo more and more expensive every day.

Dan

Old July 17th 04, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 12:58:29 +0100, Dan wrote:

I'm thinking of switching from pipex to metronet because of the low price on
their 2mb product which is a maximum of £36 a month. I'm currently paying
£34 a month on pipex 1mb. What you guys think of metronet? What are average
download speeds? Ping times to game servers? Is the network reliable and not
overloaded? I like pipex very much, but their price on the 1mb product is
starting to loo more and more expensive every day.

Dan

Metronet have just installed a new 133M pipe. There is a forum of Metronet
users on www.adslguide.org. I use them, but only 512K pay as you go. But
have had no probs in almost 12 months. Usual disclaimer.

HTH

Dave

Old July 18th 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferg

I'm thinking of switching from pipex to metronet because of the low price
on
their 2mb product which is a maximum of £36 a month. I'm currently paying
£34 a month on pipex 1mb. What you guys think of metronet? What are

average
download speeds? Ping times to game servers? Is the network reliable and

not
overloaded? I like pipex very much, but their price on the 1mb product is
starting to loo more and more expensive every day.

Dan

max for 2mb is less than £32 on their website

ferg

Old July 19th 04, 09:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BonzaiMaster

Metronet have just installed a new 133M pipe. There is a forum of Metronet
users on www.adslguide.org. I use them, but only 512K pay as you go. But
have had no probs in almost 12 months. Usual disclaimer.

I've just ordered and 2Mb ADSL service with them. They are quoting 5-7
working days to get up and running. Are they normally accurate with their
estimates?

Old July 19th 04, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"BonzaiMaster" wrote in message

I've just ordered and 2Mb ADSL service with them. They are quoting 5-7
working days to get up and running. Are they normally accurate with
their estimates?

All Metronet ADSL lines are installed by BT Wholesale (as is the case with
virtually all other ISPs) and they normally take about 4/5 days..

Regards
Sunil

Old July 20th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BonzaiMaster

All Metronet ADSL lines are installed by BT Wholesale (as is the case with
virtually all other ISPs) and they normally take about 4/5 days..

I ordered it last Friday and I got an email today quoting an activation date
of 26th July. That's 6 working days so it's not too bad.

Old July 20th 04, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"BonzaiMaster" wrote in message

All Metronet ADSL lines are installed by BT Wholesale (as is the
case with virtually all other ISPs) and they normally take about 4/5
days..

I ordered it last Friday and I got an email today quoting an
activation date of 26th July. That's 6 working days so it's not too
bad.

Depending on how busy BT are in your area - don't be suprised if they do it
a couple of days early!

Regards
Sunil

Old July 20th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BonzaiMaster

Depending on how busy BT are in your area - don't be suprised if they do
it
a couple of days early!

Do they normally send the login details a few days prior to the estimated
activation date?

Old July 20th 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"BonzaiMaster" wrote in message

Do they normally send the login details a few days prior to the
estimated activation date?

That depends on the ISP, most do.. if Metronet don't I'm sure a quick phone
call would provide you with your account details.

Regards
Sunil