Plusnet [email protected]!

Old July 17th 04, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

According to my Plusnet account, I am billed from the 10th July to the 9th
August on my £14.99 account. On the 11th July I logged in to my account to
check my bandwidth only to find that I was at nearly 3GB 24 hours into my
new billing period.

I rang Plusnet to ask how this was and was told by an operator that it may
reset when the Direct Debit is taken on the 13th July.

Well it's the 17th today and according to my account I have used nearly 4GB
in 7days!!! - Just rang Plusnet again and operator stumbling for words as
usual said "It's more that likely a mistake" - Give the lad medal!! - So I
ask him what is going on and if I am gonna be charged for this. He replies
"No, but if we do you can call us back for a refund"

These people are pure cowboys!! You don't say that to a customer. You get an
technical person on this case ASAP and tell the customer it will be sorted
as soon as poss.

He put me on hold to speak to his "Supervisor" at which point I was calling
them cowboys which they are and he comes on the phone like a snotty little
twit and says "We can hear you" and then puts the phone down.

Well had nothing but problems since I signed up with these idiots...time to
get a new ISP.

Anyone know if Bulldog is any good?

Old July 17th 04, 09:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:51:05 +0100, "Gareth :-\) voom"
wrote:

[...]

Hi there,

Unfortunately we have an open problem regarding the VMU not being
reset.

I am surprised that the agent you spoke to was not aware of this.

If you can supply me with your username I'll gladly investigate this
matter further for you.

kind regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old July 17th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

wrote:

[...]

Luke how come you know so much yet when I call the support line, they don't
seem to know what day it is? Are you trained in a different way or is it
just some of the agents are lazy sods!

Old July 17th 04, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in
:

Luke how come you know so much yet when I call the support line, they
don't seem to know what day it is? Are you trained in a different way
or is it just some of the agents are lazy sods!

Sounds like you spoke to a newbie agent there, plus I do have to say that
going off on a rant, regardless of how things should be is not going to
get you much help from the person you are speaking to regardless of who
the company is.

--
Colin
Old July 17th 04, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

cw wrote:

"Gareth :-\) voom" wrote in
:

Luke how come you know so much yet when I call the support line, they
don't seem to know what day it is? Are you trained in a different way
or is it just some of the agents are lazy sods!

Sounds like you spoke to a newbie agent there, plus I do have to say that
going off on a rant, regardless of how things should be is not going to
get you much help from the person you are speaking to regardless of who
the company is.

Working in a customer facing job myself, I have to agree. There are
times when mistakes happen, there always will be when you deal with high
volumes of customers (can't please all of the people, and all that).

If a customer starts laying into me with loads of verbal, I too can be
equally lazy/stupid. I will certainly try to resolve the issue, but I'll
do it in order of my own priorties. Should we screw up and the customer
remains calm and pleasant, then you'll generally find we will bend over
backwards to help.

Regardless of whether you are in the right or not, doesn't give you the
right to treat another person like ****. Good manners go a long way IME.
Insults and bad language will get you nothing other than more grief.
Hell I've even told customers not to come back if they can't be
civilised, and have been backed up by my manager.

If you came into my reception and called me a ******, I'd be happy to
tell you to take your business elsewhere.

For sure PlusNet's service has perhaps suffered of late, it's certainly
not what it was last year. However, it still knocks spots off the
service I got from NTL, and BT. Even the fabled UkOnline has been worse
over the last year or so.

One thing I do have to commend though, is the response PlusNet has to
any problems, and the information they offer. That is second to none.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old July 17th 04, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

wrote:

[...]

Gareth haven't you discovered that most front desk personel aren't worth a
jot, the task/problem/trick is to get past them to the people who actually
do know something. This applies to any company & not just Plusnet. You
should try dealing with an ISP who advertises 24 support & yet closes their
offices at weekends & after 18:00..

Old July 18th 04, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Crossbow

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:50:31 GMT, Robert Dunderdale
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 22:39:12 GMT, "Kráftéé"
wrote:
This applies to any company & not just Plusnet. You
should try dealing with an ISP who advertises 24 support & yet closes their
offices at weekends & after 18:00..

Good advice I was told by my Father fifty years ago to never talk to
the oily rag but to talk with the engineer.
Bob.

With all due respect, that is nonsense. The least a company can do is
supply a first port of call for paying customers that is pleasant and
has at least a working knowledge of the product and it's related
service issues.

This would then keep the "engineers" free to deal with more serious
issues.

Maybe Plusnet needs to look at it's young telephone answering staff,
as in my experience, at least some of them do appear to have a poor
attitude, and this certainly was not the case this time last year.

Something has changed at Plusnet. Time for a policy review lads?
Old July 18th 04, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

The least a company can do is
supply a first port of call for paying customers that is pleasant and
has at least a working knowledge of the product and it's related
service issues.

I completely agree and as I company that is what we expect our
customer support staff to deliver.

Maybe Plusnet needs to look at it's young telephone answering staff,
as in my experience, at least some of them do appear to have a poor
attitude, and this certainly was not the case this time last year.

Something has changed at Plusnet. Time for a policy review lads?

Part of my job (and Dave's, Josh's and to some extent Ian's) is to
actively monitor Agents responses (both those by phone and by the
ticketing system). These are of course random and we cannot feasibly
monitor every call/ticket but every agent has some calls and tickets
monitored weekly. If there is a particular area that an agent needs to
work on, this will get picked, but in all honesty it might be a couple
of weeks before a specific issue is highlighted, simply because of the
random nature of the monitoring.

If anyone has a specific instance they would like to highlight please
contact one of us and we will investigate if further for you.

kind regards

Luke
Old July 18th 04, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
6JB

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:32:54 +0100, "Gareth :-\) voom"
wrote:

Luke how come you know so much yet when I call the support line, they don't
seem to know what day it is? Are you trained in a different way or is it
just some of the agents are lazy sods!

Nope they are not lazy at all.

However, you have hit on one of PlusNet's major failings. The
education and training of it's support staff. It seems to be non
existent.

This was the reason why I left PlusNet for a 'more informed' ISP. They
gave me totally incorrect information about ISDN to ADSL conversion
and despite all the eleventh hour apologies and reassurances I still
decided to leave. When I left they told me that they were taking on
board all the lessons learned from giving customers bad advice and
were implementing a new training plan.

Looks like not much has changed over the months.

Pity really because technically as an ISP they are quite good.

Old July 19th 04, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Sellars

Gareth :-) voom wrote:
According to my Plusnet account, I am billed from the 10th July to the 9th
August on my £14.99 account. On the 11th July I logged in to my account to
check my bandwidth only to find that I was at nearly 3GB 24 hours into my
new billing period.

I had a similar problem with 'My Usage' or whatever its called, so I
raised a ticket and was told that they would look into it on Friday 30th
July! A whole 2 1/2 weeks later... Mine was showing a huge total but
what looked like the right amounts for individual days. So what it
amounts to is, they can't add up

Whilst I'm not as p*$$ed off as Gareth here (yet -- I'll wait until the
30th to see if they actually do anything about it), its pretty annoying,
cos in the mean time I have no idea what my *real* usage is...