1-2Mbps ADSL for 6 months... which?

Old July 18th 04, 04:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Joolz

Default 1-2Mbps ADSL for 6 months... which?

Dear all,

I'm moving to Gloucester (Hampsted) and am wanting to get ADSL on the BT
line (no cable), I'm currently with Demon in Nottingham and am thinking to
get 2Mbps at the new place (6 months contract)... I've been looking around
and was rather impressed with providers like Wanadoo and Bulldog but the
thing is they all want 12 month commitment. The thing is I'll probably buy a
house after 6 months and so it'll only be a 6 month service at the rented
property, so unless the ISP allows a transfer it seems that ISPs enforcing
12 month terms are out of the question? Do any of you know which ISPs might
allow transferral of account in the same city? And which ISP should I
contact for a 1-2Mbps unmetered service (and cheapish too, e.g. 50 install
and 40 monthly for 2Mbps)?

Cheers,
Jules

Old July 18th 04, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Dr Joolz" wrote in news:cdcpcn$eil$1$8300dec7
@news.demon.co.uk:

so unless the ISP allows a transfer

I thought the ability to transfer an ADSL account from one phone line to
another was part of the ADSL package. There is still likely to be a
charge for moving though.

--
Colin
Old July 18th 04, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 04:04:56 +0100, "Dr Joolz"
wrote:

Dear all,

I'm moving to Gloucester (Hampsted)

isn't it Hemstead? The other one is in London I think.

and am wanting to get ADSL on the BT
line (no cable), I'm currently with Demon in Nottingham and am thinking to
get 2Mbps at the new place (6 months contract)... I've been looking around
and was rather impressed with providers like Wanadoo and Bulldog but the
thing is they all want 12 month commitment. The thing is I'll probably buy a
house after 6 months and so it'll only be a 6 month service at the rented
property, so unless the ISP allows a transfer it seems that ISPs enforcing
12 month terms are out of the question? Do any of you know which ISPs might
allow transferral of account in the same city? And which ISP should I
contact for a 1-2Mbps unmetered service (and cheapish too, e.g. 50 install
and 40 monthly for 2Mbps)?

Cheers,
Jules

John
In limine sapientiae
Old July 18th 04, 02:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Dr Joolz" wrote in message

I'm moving to Gloucester (Hampsted) and am wanting to get ADSL on the
BT line (no cable), I'm currently with Demon in Nottingham and am
thinking to get 2Mbps at the new place (6 months contract)... I've
been looking around and was rather impressed with providers like
Wanadoo and Bulldog but the thing is they all want 12 month
commitment. The thing is I'll probably buy a house after 6 months and
so it'll only be a 6 month service at the rented property, so unless
the ISP allows a transfer it seems that ISPs enforcing 12 month terms
are out of the question? Do any of you know which ISPs might allow
transferral of account in the same city? And which ISP should I
contact for a 1-2Mbps unmetered service (and cheapish too, e.g. 50
install and 40 monthly for 2Mbps)?

Several ISP's who have 12 month contracts will let you move locations and
transfer your contract to a new location - BT Openworld for instance.

Other ISP's offer 1 or 3 month contracts as standard (instead of 12 months)
including:

A&A
Metronet
Zen

Both Bulldog and Plusnet offer the option of 12month contracts if you pay
slightly more in activation fees.

If you do decide to use Bulldog would you mind quoting my referral code when
signing up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How did
you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or by telephone.

Regards
Sunil