Network Password help please

Old July 18th 04, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken Walsh

Default Network Password help please

I`m using BT Openworld for my normal dialup account but I`m also using
a satellite broadband connection for my downloads.

Since I installed the software (and all is working ok) at the very start
when I switch on my machine (using Windows `98) instead of booting up
normal it ask for my Network Password (there is a Network Neighborhood
icon on my desktop since installing software).

I just press the enter button and it boot up ok, but it means I cannot walk
away from the machine while it boots up untill I do this, other wise it just
hangs there.

Can anyone help please, thanks

Ken

Old July 18th 04, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SimpleSimon

"Ken Walsh" wrote in message
I`m using BT Openworld for my normal dialup account but I`m also using
a satellite broadband connection for my downloads.

Since I installed the software (and all is working ok) at the very start
when I switch on my machine (using Windows `98) instead of booting up
normal it ask for my Network Password (there is a Network Neighborhood
icon on my desktop since installing software).

I just press the enter button and it boot up ok, but it means I cannot

walk
away from the machine while it boots up untill I do this, other wise it

just
hangs there.

Can anyone help please, thanks

Ken

I suggest you get hold of a copy of TweakUI which allows you to use
autologon.

Simon

Old July 18th 04, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"Ken Walsh" wrote in message
I`m using BT Openworld for my normal dialup account but I`m also using
a satellite broadband connection for my downloads.

Since I installed the software (and all is working ok) at the very start
when I switch on my machine (using Windows `98) instead of booting up
normal it ask for my Network Password (there is a Network Neighborhood
icon on my desktop since installing software).

I just press the enter button and it boot up ok, but it means I cannot

walk
away from the machine while it boots up untill I do this, other wise it

just
hangs there.

Can anyone help please, thanks

Ken

For a Win98 not to ask for a blank password right-click on "Network
Neighbourhood", click Properties, double-click "Client for Microsoft
Networks" and select "Quick Logon", click OK, in Primary Network Logon
select "Windows Logon", click OK and let the machine reboot.