Bulldog Migrate

Old July 18th 04, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default Bulldog Migrate

I see Bulldog are doing a migrate offer for 1 on the 512k products. If I
sign-up with them do I have to cancel my Plusnet account before or will it
just go off once Bulldog open the new account? Seems like a good deal for
19.99 per month and no download limits.

Old July 18th 04, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 18 Jul 2004 11:33, in uk.telecom.broadband, "Gareth :-\) voom" wrote:

If I sign-up with them do I have to cancel my Plusnet account before
or will it just go off once Bulldog open the new account?

I've never migrated, but would assume the request goes from Bulldog to PN
at some point. Surely there's a FAQ about migration on one or other site!
Old July 18th 04, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message

I see Bulldog are doing a migrate offer for 1 on the 512k products. If I
sign-up with them do I have to cancel my Plusnet account before or will it
just go off once Bulldog open the new account? Seems like a good deal for
19.99 per month and no download limits.

Hmmm...it says up to 12 days downtime. That does not sound good and that
would be if Plusnet cancelled and ceased service correctly.

Old July 18th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Malcolm Loades

In message , "Gareth :-) voom"
writes
"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message

I see Bulldog are doing a migrate offer for 1 on the 512k products. If I
sign-up with them do I have to cancel my Plusnet account before or will it
just go off once Bulldog open the new account? Seems like a good deal for
19.99 per month and no download limits.

Hmmm...it says up to 12 days downtime. That does not sound good and that
would be if Plusnet cancelled and ceased service correctly.

It doesn't appear to be migration in the usual sense of the word. More
like a discounted to 1 pound connection charge with 'free' dialup
whilst your order is processed as a new order for ADSL.

I'm currently in the process of migrating to freedom2surf and anticipate
downtime of only an hour or so. It may well be worth looking at
freedom2surf's offerings - I'm getting a 1Mb connection for 19.99 per
month, INC. VAT. The migration cost is a 10 pound refund if you have
your own modem/router!!! There is a charge for data in excess of 5 GB
per month but data transferred between 01:00 and 06:00 isn't metered.
Static IP address for free. This may well not suit everyone but it's a
great package for many users.

Old July 18th 04, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Malcolm Loades" wrote in message
In message , "Gareth :-) voom"
writes
[...]

Wow this looks like an ideal package for me...it is double the speed i am on
now and my data usuage is around the 4 or 5GB per month even though Plusnet
seem to think I use that in a week.

Old July 18th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message

I see Bulldog are doing a migrate offer for 1 on the 512k products.
If I sign-up with them do I have to cancel my Plusnet account before
or will it just go off once Bulldog open the new account? Seems like
a good deal for 19.99 per month and no download limits.

Hmmm...it says up to 12 days downtime. That does not sound good and
that would be if Plusnet cancelled and ceased service correctly.

If you are migrating to Bulldog's Alltime 500 product (the 1 offer) - then
the downtime is about 20/30 minutes (the same as migrating to any other ISP)

Bulldog have an FAQ at http://www.bulldogdsl.com/migrate/faq.asp

The "upto 12 days" downtime is relevant if you are moving to other Bulldog
products (which can involve a cease and reprovide) not the Alltime 500
product.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 18th 04, 02:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Malcolm Loades" wrote in message

Hmmm...it says up to 12 days downtime. That does not sound good and
that would be if Plusnet cancelled and ceased service correctly.

It doesn't appear to be migration in the usual sense of the word.
More like a discounted to 1 pound connection charge with 'free' dialup
whilst your order is processed as a new order for ADSL.

Moving to Bulldog's Alltime 500 from another ISP's 512K product is just a
"standard" migration - as per http://www.bulldogdsl.com/migrate/faq.asp..
just like any other ISP.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 18th 04, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferg

I see Bulldog are doing a migrate offer for 1 on the 512k products. If I
sign-up with them do I have to cancel my Plusnet account before or will it
just go off once Bulldog open the new account? Seems like a good deal for
19.99 per month and no download limits.

just check plusnet allow migrating,some providers dont, like

freeserve/wanadoo
i wanted to migrate my freeserve 512 service to metronet 2mb service ,cost
should only be 17
but wanadoo say i have to cancel account first,wait 14 days then apply to
metronet,which then is a 59
activation charge

ferg

Old July 18th 04, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"ferg" wrote in message

just check plusnet allow migrating,some providers dont, like

freeserve/wanadoo
i wanted to migrate my freeserve 512 service to metronet 2mb service
,cost should only be 17
but wanadoo say i have to cancel account first,wait 14 days then
apply to metronet,which then is a 59
activation charge

As well as Freeseve/Wanadoo not supporting migration - even if they did,
what you wanted to do would not be possible, as you can't migrate between
different speed services under BT Wholesale's scheme - so you woudn't
qualify for the reduced fee.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 18th 04, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferg

" i wanted to migrate my freeserve 512 service to metronet 2mb service
,cost should only be 17
but wanadoo say i have to cancel account first,wait 14 days then
apply to metronet,which then is a 59
activation charge

As well as Freeseve/Wanadoo not supporting migration - even if they did,
what you wanted to do would not be possible, as you can't migrate between
different speed services under BT Wholesale's scheme - so you woudn't
qualify for the reduced fee.

Regards
Sunil

thanks Sunil,i should have spotted that ,looks like a disconnection coming

up
hope that belkin router is still going well,mine has been flawless,touch
wood

ferg