ADSL 2+

Old July 18th 04, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

Default ADSL 2+

24Mb connection soon to be rolled out in the UK. I wonder what the price
will be ?

Old July 18th 04, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gari P

"___" wrote in message
24Mb connection soon to be rolled out in the UK. I wonder what the price
will be ?

Too bad I live more than a metre away from the exchange.

---

Old July 19th 04, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"___" wrote in message

24Mb connection soon to be rolled out in the UK. I wonder what the
price will be ?

Are you referring to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3900367.stm ?

If so, you are going to have to wait for some time for it to arrive in the
UK.

While ADSL2 is currently allowed (and likely to be used by Bulldog on their
LLU network this year), its currently against the rules for ADSL2+ to be
deployed in the UK

This is because its against the "Access Network Frequency Plan" (ANFP) that
all xDSL providers have to adhere too when launching services (its designed
to stop competing services interfer with each other) and until this is
changed by Ofcom/the industry, you won't see any ADSL2+ services in the UK.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 19th 04, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

wrote in message
In article ,
Sunil Sood wrote:
While ADSL2 is currently allowed (and likely to be used by Bulldog
on their LLU network this year), its currently against the rules for
ADSL2+ to be deployed in the UK

This is because its against the "Access Network Frequency Plan"
(ANFP) that all xDSL providers have to adhere too when launching
services (its designed

Why would Bulldog be able to use ADSL2+ on its LLU lines - given that
those lines are just a few copper pairs in big ducts full of non-LLU
BT copper pairs?

Bulldog (or anyone else) is able to use ADSL2 now but not ADSL2+

For any operator to use ADSL2+ the ANFP will have to be changed - which no
doubt it will be one day..

I believe ADSL2+ is BT's current technology choice to provide ADSL access in
their 21st Century Network.

Regards
Sunil