2m... Am I save with PlusNet, or BullDog?

Old July 19th 04, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Julius Mong

Default 2m... Am I save with PlusNet, or BullDog?

I'm currently with Demon and am moving to Hempsted in Gloucester very soon.
I am looking to get fast and reasonably priced 1-2mbps and so Demon are out
of the question, I am to order ADSL today (Monday) and according to the
ADSLGuide Plusnet do seem to have a consistently better performance than
BullDog, however BullDog are now offering this 4mb service at a special
price and even after the promo period it'll still work out cheaper per month
for twice as fast. Now what I am wondering is, if webspace and email don't
concern me would I be better off getting BullDog in my house, if I want a
fast connection, or would I be wanting Plusnet rather for the stability of
service? I have my own ADSL modem + router and am literate in IT, so I never
have to ring customer support and therefore the Plusnet thread earlier on
does not play a part in my decision making. The only factors affecting my
choice would be reliability and quality of service, speed too of course.

Any teachings for me gentlemen?

Regards,
Jules

Old July 19th 04, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Julius Mong" wrote in message

Any teachings for me gentlemen?

you moving to Hempsted in Gloucester - you won't be able to get
Bulldog's 4MB service there atm.

Its only available at the 38 exchanges which Bulldog have LLU'ed (i.e.
installed their own equipment) - and all of those are in Central London.

All other exchanges that Bulldog provide ADSL too are limited to their 2MB
and below services as they need to reply on BT Wholesale's
equipment/configuration at those exchanges.

Cable and Wireless (Bulldog's new owners) have said that they plan to
increase the number of LLU exchanges to around 200 nationwide (soon?) but
that won't be quick enough for you. (and even then, you can't say if you
will be one of the favoured areas)

As such, have a look at Bulldog's other current offers
(http://www.bulldogdsl.com/special_offers.asp) and if none of the them suit
you - choose Plusnet or another ISP.

Regards
Sunil

Old July 19th 04, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BonzaiMaster

Any teachings for me gentlemen?

I've just done some research around very similar requirements and I selected
http://www.metronet.co.uk