Setup Wireless Router OK but keep downloading the same emails ??

Old July 19th 04, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

Default Setup Wireless Router OK but keep downloading the same emails ??

Why do I keep getting the same emails ? How do I stop this ?

Old July 19th 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Why do I keep getting the same emails ? How do I stop this ?

Are they the same *legitimate* emails, or oft-repeated spam ?

If they`re legit, you`ll probably find a setting for your email program
that says "leave message on server" which you should untick.

Old July 19th 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:19:41 +0100, "___" strung
together this:

Why do I keep getting the same emails ? How do I stop this ?

It's something in your email client that's doing this. Have you got a
wayward spam filter on it? Somewhere there'll be a setting for
something about not downloading multiple copies of messages or
similar.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old July 19th 04, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
___

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:19:41 +0100, "___" strung
together this:

Why do I keep getting the same emails ? How do I stop this ?

It's something in your email client that's doing this. Have you got a
wayward spam filter on it? Somewhere there'll be a setting for
something about not downloading multiple copies of messages or
similar.
--

Ok I did'nt do anything but after 3 times downloading stopped. Thanks
anyway

Old July 19th 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:39:18 +0100, "___" strung
together this:

Ok I did'nt do anything but after 3 times downloading stopped. Thanks
anyway

It's probaly just the mail client synchronizing itself now it's got a
new connection to play with, mine does that if I start playing around
with it.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd