Totally OT but thought you could help

Old July 19th 04, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

Default Totally OT but thought you could help

I dont know what I have done but every time I open up internet explorer it
opens up in full screen mode.

I have to click F11 to make it normal again. I have tried to go into View
and deselect the full screen mode but when I open a new wondow its just the
same Full Screen.

Can any of you knowledgable lovely bright intelligent people help?

Thanks Jason

Old July 19th 04, 11:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Jason wrote:

I dont know what I have done but every time I open up internet
explorer it opens up in full screen mode.

I have to click F11 to make it normal again. I have tried to go into
View and deselect the full screen mode but when I open a new wondow
its just the same Full Screen.

Can any of you knowledgable lovely bright intelligent people help?

Thanks Jason

It should remember the current settings when you *close* it. Open up a
*single* browser window, and adjust it to the size you want. Then close it.

Every time you launch it thereafter, you should get a window of your
preferred size.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old July 19th 04, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message
Jason wrote:

I dont know what I have done but every time I open up internet
explorer it opens up in full screen mode.

I have to click F11 to make it normal again. I have tried to go into
View and deselect the full screen mode but when I open a new wondow
its just the same Full Screen.

Can any of you knowledgable lovely bright intelligent people help?

Thanks Jason

It should remember the current settings when you *close* it. Open up a
*single* browser window, and adjust it to the size you want. Then close

it.

Every time you launch it thereafter, you should get a window of your
preferred size.
--
Cheers,
Tim
______

Hi Tim

Just tried it but doesn't work. It goes onto the normal settings for a split
second then to full screen again. Everytime I close and open another it does
the same full screen.
??
Thanks much appreciated
Jason

Old July 19th 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Jason wrote:

Snipped Text
Just tried it but doesn't work. It goes onto the normal settings for a split
second then to full screen again. Everytime I close and open another it does
the same full screen.
??
Thanks much appreciated
Jason

Have a look and see if there are any settings for 'Kiosk' mode. If it
has this (not using Windows or IE at home, I can't remember) it would
have this effect (Opera certainly does).

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old July 20th 04, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Jason wrote:

[...]

Sorry! Works for me! What OpSys and version of IE are you using?
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old July 20th 04, 01:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

He says it always launches in 'F11' fullscreen mode i.e. with the toolbars
etc. hidden.
Don't know what's causing it, probably a corrupt registry.

Graham.

--
%Profound_observation%

Old July 20th 04, 01:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jason

Jason wrote:

[...]

Hi Again

I had IE Maximiser installed although this wasnt the problem. Anyway i
uninstalled then reinstalled and its working now. Thanks for all your help
guys, appreciated

Jason

Old July 22nd 04, 12:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
will kemp

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:04:23 +0100, Al wrote:

In article ,

Easiest solution to any problem with Internet Explorer
is to use a Mozilla browser. Although that probably
doesn't help much. ;-)

even better, give opera a try! that probably doesn't help much either, but
i reckon opera beats any other web browser i've come across - *and* i can
do internet banking with it that i can't do with mozilla or even recent
netscapes.

will