ONETEL BB is crap !!!

Old July 21st 04, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MP

Default ONETEL BB is crap !!!

hey guys,

today it's the 21st of july and it's almost 2 week i cannot connect to
the internet with onetel. I called them and they say BT lines have a
fault, I call BT and they say the line it's fine !!!???!!
Is anybody else experiencing something like that ??? i mean .. it's 2
weeks !!!! I live in folkestone in kent, if anybody is in my same
situation let me know coz im gonna ask for compensation !!!
I tried everything.. but the modem (fdx 310) cannot synchronise...
i unplugged all the telephones, leaving only the modem connected..
nothing
i downloaded the new drivers (is 0,38 the configuration of VPI and VCI
?? i guess so).. nothing....

dunno what to do !!!
Old July 21st 04, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"MP" wrote in message
om...
hey guys,

today it's the 21st of july and it's almost 2 week i cannot connect to
the internet with onetel. I called them and they say BT lines have a
fault, I call BT and they say the line it's fine !!!???!!
Is anybody else experiencing something like that ??? i mean .. it's 2
weeks !!!! I live in folkestone in kent, if anybody is in my same
situation let me know coz im gonna ask for compensation !!!
I tried everything.. but the modem (fdx 310) cannot synchronise...
i unplugged all the telephones, leaving only the modem connected..
nothing
i downloaded the new drivers (is 0,38 the configuration of VPI and VCI
?? i guess so).. nothing....

I've had no problems with the what so ever, apart from the news servers not
working

---

Old July 21st 04, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

.....apart from the news servers not
working

Not according to this
http://www.onetel.co.uk/index.php/status
So the problem must be with you add me(?)

Speaking for myself I haven't been able to post to Ontel since 24 May 2004
I use news.individual.net now so I don't care about Ontel.

Also, they are changing all there .onetel.net.uk email addresses to
..onetel.com
"As part of our ongoing drive to improve the services"
I am glad to sat this wont affect me either.

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 21st 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Graham" wrote in message ...
Not according to this
http://www.onetel.co.uk/index.php/status
So the problem must be with you add me(?)

Speaking for myself I haven't been able to post to Ontel since 24 May 2004
I use news.individual.net now so I don't care about Ontel.

Funny that you say that. I contacted them regarding the news servers not
working and they said "we are aware of a problem" then the usual crap that
companies give.
I use individual as well. Was using Boltblue for about 2 weeks. Been
posting messages, then realised tonight that even though I could see the
messages, nobody else could.

---

Old July 21st 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
"Dean Lambert" wrote in message
"Graham" wrote in message

Not according to this
http://www.onetel.co.uk/index.php/status
So the problem must be with you add me(?)

Speaking for myself I haven't been able to post to Ontel since 24 May

2004
I use news.individual.net now so I don't care about Ontel.

Funny that you say that. I contacted them regarding the news servers not
working and they said "we are aware of a problem" then the usual crap that
companies give.
I use individual as well. Was using Boltblue for about 2 weeks. Been
posting messages, then realised tonight that even though I could see the
messages, nobody else could.

Downloading news was OK, just couldn't post. Guess yours was the same.

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 21st 04, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dean Lambert

"Graham" wrote in message ...
Downloading news was OK, just couldn't post. Guess yours was the same.

Yep same here

---

Old July 24th 04, 11:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ClippertyClop

"Graham" wrote in message ...
Not according to this
http://www.onetel.co.uk/index.php/status
So the problem must be with you add me(?)

Speaking for myself I haven't been able to post to Ontel since 24 May 2004
I use news.individual.net now so I don't care about Ontel.

Funny that you say that. I contacted them regarding the news servers not
working and they said "we are aware of a problem" then the usual crap that
companies give.
I use individual as well. Was using Boltblue for about 2 weeks. Been
posting messages, then realised tonight that even though I could see the
messages, nobody else could.

OneTel are one crap company. If you e-mail them with a problem they
never reply other than some standardised message. If you write to
them, they never reply to your letters. If you telephone them, and
manage to get through they don't fix the problem. In the end I had to
go down to their office and get heavy with them when they messed me
around for months over an unauthorised charge,and the problem was
eventually sorted. As for their newsgroup service, forget it! The
posting problem has been ongoing since April, and for a few months of
last year.

CC