Bulldog scrap their "PrimeTime" range

Old July 21st 04, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Bulldog scrap their "PrimeTime" range

In what looks like a major change in their product range...

Bulldog (last night) have removed their PrimeTime (time of day) services
from their website and they are no longer available for new customers.

It appears to me that Bulldog have probably decided to stop selling products
based on DataStream - and are now concentrating on LLU and IPStream based
products.

The only "DataStream" product I can still find on their web site is their
"BizTime" range at http://www.bulldogdsl.com/business/biztime/index.asp (the
giveaway is where it says available at 450 exchanges only) - and even that
doesn't appear to be orderable online anymore

Perhaps Bulldog are getting ready to announce what exchanges they will LLU
next or even issue a rollout timetable?

When Cable and Wireless recently took over Bulldog, they indicated that they
planned to increase the number of LLU exchanges from the current 38 to
around 200.

I wonder if its a concidence that C&W issued a trading update today..
nothing much interesting in it for Bulldog customers though

No doubt more information will be forthcomin soon on Bulldog's thinking..

Regards
Sunil

Old July 21st 04, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Iwan Davies

Sunil Sood wrote:
In what looks like a major change in their product range...

snip
The only "DataStream" product I can still find on their web site is
their "BizTime" range at
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/business/biztime/index.asp (the giveaway is
where it says available at 450 exchanges only) - and even that
doesn't appear to be orderable online anymore

Hmm - I ordered a BizTime 2000 package on the phone yesterday and received
the order confirmation a couple of hours later... Typical - nine months
after waiting for a broadband-compatible line, the ISP I select goes and
stops doing my chosen product the day after I order it...

Iwan

Old July 21st 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Iwan Davies" wrote in message

Hmm - I ordered a BizTime 2000 package on the phone yesterday and
received the order confirmation a couple of hours later... Typical -
nine months after waiting for a broadband-compatible line, the ISP I
select goes and stops doing my chosen product the day after I order
it...

I think the BizTime range is still available - just not orderable online
(only by telephone).. at least when I tried to place a "dummy" order
online - I wasn't offered it as a choice.

Have Bulldog confirmed you are getting BizTime 2000?

I assume you just qualified as according to
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/business/biztime/b2000.asp its available
nationally but http://www.bulldogdsl.com/business/biztime/index.asp says
only the BizTime 500/1000 products are "national" and the BizTime 2000
limited to Central London... (which seems to be a change!)

Regards
Sunil