White CAT5 cable..? Availability / where to buy..?

Old July 22nd 04, 02:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Stroller

Default White CAT5 cable..? Availability / where to buy..?

I am popsting to see if anyone knows if white CAT5 cable is available,
as a friend has been given an ADSL router by his employer & he intends
running a network cable along the skirting board & up through a hole in
the ceiling.

There might be a case for wireless networking, but I don't think he's
that bothered about it (or wishes the additional complexity / expense),
but I have been thinking for some time that white network cable would
be a cost-effective way of making home networks a little more
acceptable to the aesthetically-inclined.

I seem to see CAT5 cable in every colour EXCEPT white, so if anyone has
any, or could point me to a supplier, I'd appreciate their reply.

Thanks in advance,

Stroller.

Old July 22nd 04, 02:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Silas Denyer

"Stroller" wrote in message
I am popsting to see if anyone knows if white CAT5 cable is available,
as a friend has been given an ADSL router by his employer & he intends
running a network cable along the skirting board & up through a hole in
the ceiling.

There might be a case for wireless networking, but I don't think he's
that bothered about it (or wishes the additional complexity / expense),
but I have been thinking for some time that white network cable would
be a cost-effective way of making home networks a little more
acceptable to the aesthetically-inclined.

I seem to see CAT5 cable in every colour EXCEPT white, so if anyone has
any, or could point me to a supplier, I'd appreciate their reply.

Thanks in advance,

Stroller.

Funnily enough I had exactly the same problem this evening. I'd be
specifically interested in 5m patch cables in white if anyone can help!

Regards

Silas

Old July 22nd 04, 03:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 01:56:59 GMT, "Silas Denyer"
strung together this:

Funnily enough I had exactly the same problem this evening. I'd be
specifically interested in 5m patch cables in white if anyone can help!

Obviously the power of google escapes you, maybe next time you could
try it yourself first. Anyway, the first result in my quest for white
cat5e happened to be exactly what you're after.
http://www.broadbandstore.co.uk/prod...products_id=96
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old July 22nd 04, 03:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:34:54 +0100, Stroller
strung together this:

I seem to see CAT5 cable in every colour EXCEPT white, so if anyone has
any, or could point me to a supplier, I'd appreciate their reply.

I've not come across white solid core before, but how far is the run?
Maybe this 30m white patch lead can be used?
http://www.broadbandstore.co.uk/prod...products_id=99
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old July 22nd 04, 03:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Stuffed

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:34:54 +0100, Stroller
strung together this:

I seem to see CAT5 cable in every colour EXCEPT white, so if anyone has
any, or could point me to a supplier, I'd appreciate their reply.

I've not come across white solid core before, but how far is the run?
Maybe this 30m white patch lead can be used?
http://www.broadbandstore.co.uk/prod...products_id=99

I've got some white solid core here, was given it as it was surplus to a
local office rewire or something. If anyone wants, I can go check the brand
on the box tomorrow?

Old July 22nd 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow SJ

"Stroller" wrote in message
I am popsting to see if anyone knows if white CAT5 cable is available,
as a friend has been given an ADSL router by his employer & he intends
running a network cable along the skirting board & up through a hole in
the ceiling.

I seem to see CAT5 cable in every colour EXCEPT white, so if anyone has

any, or could point me to a supplier, I'd appreciate their reply.

Screwfix cable (well the drum of it under my desk) is an off white (dull
rather than bright white), would probably be ok (better than dark grey). Its
kind of computer keyboard key sort of colour.

Maybe go to B&Q if you want to be sure (I would assume they both stock the
same stuff as they are the same company).

Sam

Thanks in advance,

Stroller.

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293.

Old July 22nd 04, 12:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer
dnh

"Silas Denyer" wrote in message
"Stroller" wrote in message

snip
I seem to see CAT5 cable in every colour EXCEPT white, so if anyone has
any, or could point me to a supplier, I'd appreciate their reply.

Thanks in advance,

Stroller.

Funnily enough I had exactly the same problem this evening. I'd be
specifically interested in 5m patch cables in white if anyone can help!

Regards

Silas

try this place, they even have it in pink. I've sued them before, good
service!

http://www.homestead.co.uk/b791.htm

--
-----
to reply, remove cavemen from below:

Old July 22nd 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Ramsden

Stroller wrote:

I am popsting to see if anyone knows if white CAT5 cable is available,
as a friend has been given an ADSL router by his employer & he intends
running a network cable along the skirting board & up through a hole in
the ceiling.

There might be a case for wireless networking, but I don't think he's
that bothered about it (or wishes the additional complexity / expense),
but I have been thinking for some time that white network cable would
be a cost-effective way of making home networks a little more
acceptable to the aesthetically-inclined.

I seem to see CAT5 cable in every colour EXCEPT white, so if anyone has
any, or could point me to a supplier, I'd appreciate their reply.

Thanks in advance,

Stroller.

I get light grey cable from Lioncom.co.uk maybe they have white as well
give them a mail to their

--
Lioncom adsl 4 port router, Nildram adsl running on Redhat 7.3. You can see
and hear me and my pal Joe Longthorne on uktalent.org.
Old July 22nd 04, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.adverts.computer
Groove

dnh said this...

I've sued them before..

Always helps you get good service eg

--
~ david ~

Old July 22nd 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stroller

On 2004-07-22 03:17:29 +0100, Lurch said:

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 02:34:54 +0100, Stroller
strung together this:

I seem to see CAT5 cable in every colour EXCEPT white, so if anyone has
any, or could point me to a supplier, I'd appreciate their reply.

I've not come across white solid core before, but how far is the run?
Maybe this 30m white patch lead can be used?
http://www.broadbandstore.co.uk/prod...products_id=99

Dumb question: what's solid core & how does it differ from the URL you
pointed me to..?

Many thanks for this & all the other replies,

Stroller.